Platform2 [behavior]

0 favourites
  • Drago_18 - thanks for the interest! I can only provide support to the new c3 runtime if the sdk is completed and explains the runtime access methods that the Platform2 behavior uses (for collision filtering etc). As it stands all standard plugins are obfuscated so there is no way for me to figure this out (the SDK template says to look at standard plugin examples... ), and I don't have the time to try to guess how they work. No SDK explanation = no port to c3. I've explained my position to scirra and have been told that the SDK documentation will be completed soon. Until that happens then I can't do anything.

• Colludium I hope they do it asap. btw Platform2 is really great behaviour, thanks

p.s. are you planning to add some more features to the behaviour?

• Colludium I hope they do it asap. btw Platform2 is really great behaviour, thanks

p.s. are you planning to add some more features to the behaviour?

Thanks! What sort of extra features would you like - I'm open to suggestions and will include them if the coding won't kill me .

• Colludium will start working on a project soon and implement the behaviour , yet to digest all the new features in Platform2, if something cool comes in mind will sure let you know

also I guess you haven't updated the demo of platform2 on the store page with the latest version of behaviour.

• > Colludium I hope they do it asap. btw Platform2 is really great behaviour, thanks

> p.s. are you planning to add some more features to the behaviour?

>

Thanks! What sort of extra features would you like - I'm open to suggestions and will include them if the coding won't kill me .

I'm not sure if it's technically possible

It would be interesting for complex projects - to have their own solids. Which would not be recognized as solid for the standard behaviors of C2.

Ideally, the solid objects are attached to the object.

• repkino - this might be possible - thank you for your idea! I'll take a look at it this weekend and see if I can make it work....

• Colludium - it would radically change the compatibility of the characters with a jump in 2.5D

• Hello, a question, why this happens?

Player 1 bounces when pushed

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, a question, why this happens?

Player 1 bounces when pushed

That's the standard Platform plugin's behavior - it happens because of how the plugin resolves collisions and overlaps. One of my big challenges for Platform2 was to ensure that this didn't happen (not easy - the standard plugin is very well written and highly optimized).

• > Hello, a question, why this happens?

>

>

>

> Player 1 bounces when pushed

>

That's the standard Platform plugin's behavior - it happens because of how the plugin resolves collisions and overlaps. One of my big challenges for Platform2 was to ensure that this didn't happen (not easy - the standard plugin is very well written and highly optimized).

Why do you say it's very well written?

I think that should not happen with platform behavior.

I have not tried it in other engines, maybe in other engines it also happens, I do not know.

• Why do you say it's very well written?

I think that should not happen with platform behavior.

I have not tried it in other engines, maybe in other engines it also happens, I do not know.

It's a manifestation of the push-out-solid function that is contained within the c2 core. If the Platform behavior was perfect then I wouldn't have wanted to make Platform2...!

• > Why do you say it's very well written?

> I think that should not happen with platform behavior.

>

> I have not tried it in other engines, maybe in other engines it also happens, I do not know.

>

It's a manifestation of the push-out-solid function that is contained within the c2 core. If the Platform behavior was perfect then I wouldn't have wanted to make Platform2...!

Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?

• Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?

I'm not sure why I would want a limitation/bug in a standard plugin fixed if it's providing my plugin with a selling point...

• > Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?

>

I'm not sure why I would want a limitation/bug in a standard plugin fixed if it's providing my plugin with a selling point...

If Scirra solves this, one thing will happen:

We will all benefit from it.

It can also happen that you get rid of this problem and focus on other features of the plugin.

But that's up to you.

Anyway, I opened an error report.

• >

> > Ok, could we create a bug / notice about this?

> >

>

> I'm not sure why I would want a limitation/bug in a standard plugin fixed if it's providing my plugin with a selling point...

>

If Scirra solves this, one thing will happen:

We will all benefit from it.

It can also happen that you get rid of this problem and focus on other features of the plugin.

But that's up to you.

Anyway, I opened an error report.

Is this push out bug happening with platform2? It seems like platform2 was created to fix these types of issues, is that example from built-in platform?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)