C2's platform behavior is feature-rich, no doubt, but despite the work that has gone into it I don't find it to be completely polished, and It lacks some fundamental features I need for my upcoming games.
That said, I'm looking for a programmer to modify the existing platform behavior or write a new one that better suits my needs. I'd be happy to discuss pricing and features with interested programmers via email () or Skype (Tokinsom).
Ideally, this platform behavior....
- Will have an option to not end a jump upon collision with a ceiling. Instead, the object will push against the ceiling for the remainder of the jump before falling down, and the jump will continue if a ceiling is no longer in the way (see: "Hydra Castle Labyrinth" or "La-Mulana")
- Will move independently atop moving platforms (With the existing behavior, if you are moving right on a platform that is moving left at equal speed, you will walk in place. I do not want this to happen.)
- Will be smoothly pushed by solid, moving objects. No hopping or shaking.
- Will move smoothly along slopes in a ceiling or wall as it does slopes on the floor.
- Will move smoothly around edges/corners and not "pop" upwards when jumping against them (recurring bug with the existing behavior)
- Will fit into spaces equal to the size of the object e.g. 16px tall object fits snug in a 16px tunnel.
- Will fall into small gaps in floors regardless of horizontal speed (within reason).
- Will move into small gaps in walls regardless of vertical speed (within reason).
- Can ignore solids on specified object types, if possible.
- Will have the same ACE table as the existing plugin, with minor exceptions and additions.
EDIT: I prefer a behavior but an event-based platform engine with these features will work too. It will be significantly cheaper though. I've written my own in the past but not when delta time was a factor.