[Discontinued] Admob Ads for Android/Crosswalk/iOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • Construct 2 Release r180

• How do I get banner ads to overlay my app rather than force itself under or above it, thus resizing the app?

HelloAdmob doesn't hold many clues. For example I've found the only way I could get a banner below my app was to use "bottom left" instead of bottom. HelloAdmob has the same issues. Create at XY doesn't seem to work.

Please help

PS: would love a demo with actual 'real life' workflow, i.e. best practices for displaying banners and interstitials.

• codah The free/open version of the cordova plugin is very limited for banners. The "Pro" version has a lot more functionality.

However, now that the official support for Admob has arrived we need to rethink the future of this plugin.

• I've tested the official Admob plugin and can confirm that both Interstitial and banner ads work like a dream. I have a little bit of slow down in my game when banner ads pop in and when I hide it, but nothing to cry about. I have a question though. I'm now ready to upload my first game to the play store. Do I still have to sign the APK and go through all that stuff? I see there is a "Signed" tick box in the Intel XDK. Does this do it for you?

• I've tested the official Admob plugin and can confirm that both Interstitial and banner ads work like a dream. I have a little bit of slow down in my game when banner ads pop in and when I hide it, but nothing to cry about. I have a question though. I'm now ready to upload my first game to the play store. Do I still have to sign the APK and go through all that stuff? I see there is a "Signed" tick box in the Intel XDK. Does this do it for you?

Sounds cool but have you seen the topics relating to the plugin?

Your app must be signed either by ticking that box and having XDK do it for you, or doing it yourself with the jarsign tool and zipalign. What is the other stuff?

• > I've tested the official Admob plugin and can confirm that both Interstitial and banner ads work like a dream. I have a little bit of slow down in my game when banner ads pop in and when I hide it, but nothing to cry about. I have a question though. I'm now ready to upload my first game to the play store. Do I still have to sign the APK and go through all that stuff? I see there is a "Signed" tick box in the Intel XDK. Does this do it for you?

>

Sounds cool but have you seen the topics relating to the plugin?

Your app must be signed either by ticking that box and having XDK do it for you, or doing it yourself with the jarsign tool and zipalign. What is the other stuff?

Thanks Codah. I'll go with the tick then. Just much easier HAHA. the "other stuff" is nothing then if this is all I need. Apologies, this is all very new to me and a bit confusing. I am learning as I go along. Will post my game in "Completed creations" once I managed to get it on the play store. Sorry for the cross post. Won't happen again.

• Thanks Codah. I'll go with the tick then. Just much easier HAHA. the "other stuff" is nothing then if this is all I need. Apologies, this is all very new to me and a bit confusing. I am learning as I go along. Will post my game in "Completed creations" once I managed to get it on the play store. Sorry for the cross post. Won't happen again.

No worries man. And I'm new to this too, been figuring it out over the last few weeks Good luck with it.

• Thanks to Arne to bring the AdMob plugin to Construct 2 community, and thanks to Ashley to introduce AdMobPluginPro in Construct 2 r180.

As response to some complaints about the 2% Ad traffic, I've just update the use term of AdMobPluginPro to:

option 1: use it for FREE, just share 2% Ad traffic.

option 2: buy a license key for $14.99 only, and keep the 100% Ad revenue and Ad under your fully control.

This price is much cheaper than the $50 Admob plugin for unity.

I think starters will like option 1, while mature developers with lots of income will prefer option 2. You can choose the best option to minimize your cost.

I know everyone want something free, but I still need some income to keep my commitment on high-quality product and commercial-level support and maintenance effort.

Thanks for understanding.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Guys, about the AdMob plugin on Construct 2 r180. It really works, but I cannot make an APK that runs on Tablet because of App Restrictions (Phone and SMS). Is there anything I can do on Intel XDK to make it happen?

Thanks!

• henriquesv

this is what I am encountering too

• ... I am still a little bit lost with this new version of Intel XDK.

There's something that you should try. I think that did the trick:

At "Plugins & Permissions", check only Device and Connection. Uncheck all the plugins on the right side column.

Let me know if it works for you!

• Hello!

I use "admobfe0009 addon" and "Intel XDK":

Plugins:

• device
    • com.google.cordova.admob

Crosswalk:

• Fullscreen: checked
    • CLI Version: 3.5
    • Minimum Android Version: 14
    • Crosswalk Version: [Beta]
    • Orientation: default
    • Signed: checked

Phone to test:

• Samsung Galaxy mini S3
    • Android 4.1.2

Build:

Cordova + Android: Admob interstitial work perfectly.

Cordova + Android + Crosswalk: Admob interstitial does not work, not show.

Someone has the same problem? Where am I wrong? Thx.

• Anyone knows if I'll use this plugin, admob will work for ios app builded with Intel XDK?

• Use the new standard AdmobAds plugin.

• Hi codah

Are you referring to the plugin that comes with the C2? If yes, I tried to use it with Intel XDK but not worked. Only worked for me on android applications.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)