[REQUEST] Check for updates before running the game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • The offline ability of Construct 2 is pretty good, reduces bandwidth client side and server side and allows for near instant loading.

I do have a problem.

I would prefer it for the game to use the loading screen upon start up for a few seconds to wait, check the appcache file if it's been changed, and if so, load the new files.

Makes it much easier to distribute games under development and issue bug fixes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Browser Object has option to check if new wersion is available.

• Here we go in parts so you don't get lost, ok?!

1. Add the "Browser Object" 2. Create a new Layout, rename it, and put it as a "Custom Loading Layout" (see https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/318/ho ... ng-screens) 3. Put "System: On the start of Layout" -> "Browser: Check for Updates" 4. Put "Browser: On update ready" -> "Browser: Download Update" 5. Put "Browser: On update downloaded" -> "System: Reload"

This will make it check for a update, download it and then automatically restart the game without any Loading Screen.

• Tutorial: Offline games in Construct 2 paragraph "Updating your game".

• Here we go in parts so you don't get lost, ok?!

1. Add the "Browser Object" 2. Create a new Layout, rename it, and put it as a "Custom Loading Layout" (see https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/318/ho ... ng-screens) 3. Put "System: On the start of Layout" -> "Browser: Check for Updates" 4. Put "Browser: On update ready" -> "Browser: Download Update" 5. Put "Browser: On update downloaded" -> "System: Reload"

This will make it check for a update, download it and then automatically restart the game without any Loading Screen.

Thanks. I find it odd that I have to request a plug-in to finally get the information I need.

• I find it odd that I have to request a plug-in to finally get the information I need.

Have you read carefully and tried to understand the available documentation before doing requests ?

Manual article Technology paragraph "Offline support" that takes to the tutorial I previously linked which contains those same informations. Only it's not a step by step recipe.

At worst, before doing a plugin request, have you tried posting/searching in the "how do I" forum ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)