[Plugin] Three.js 3D canvas

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • jayderyu

I include it. But it will be one of the last things I add. I honestly can't think of many reasons you would want that "billboard". Seems like a niche use case. Why not prerender something onto a spritesheet?

It might be useful for equipping armor in rpgs. You could create a new sprite-sheet when something is equipped on the 3D model rather than storing hundreds of sprite-sheets for every possible item combination.

• Schoening if you need testers send me a PM

I really liked the 3DBox in CC but this Plugin has the potential for alot more...

I'd personally love to try and make a game like Kurushi aka intelligent cube with this

• Ize I never played that game but that should be possible. Cubes don't use that much CPU power. And I am doing my best to "cache" the geometry for re-use in my plugin. New Update soon. (With a 3D model!)

• jayderyu

I include it. But it will be one of the last things I add. I honestly can't think of many reasons you would want that "billboard". Seems like a niche use case. Why not prerender something onto a spritesheet?

It might be useful for equipping armor in rpgs. You could create a new sprite-sheet when something is equipped on the 3D model rather than storing hundreds of sprite-sheets for every possible item combination.

I'm thinking there might be a focus on the wrong part of what I was writing.

If you render to texture to display an image. You don't need to update the image everytick. You only need to update the image on when there are key moment of change. Then that removes the high cost of rendering multiple objects at once.

• jayderyu I don't see the usefulness of the 3D here. Please explain. Why not just use a spritesheet of 3D images then? Because in most games the "key moment" is every Tick. You can't for instance only render the screen once per second if you play Counter Strike.

• Weird, I'm getting absolutely nothing on Chrome (34.0.1847.137). Canary (37.0.1996.0), Firefox (29.0.1), and even IE (11.0.9) though are working perfectly.

• Counter Strike renders every frame because it renders a world. And CS and all the 3d games almost always have some kind of animation going on.

Where as if your only rendering 1 model to be used as it's own object. Then you only need to render when a key moment comes up. If your interpolating motion every frame; not every frame has enough change to make it worth while, especially an idle animation. Also not all objects need to be rendered every frame. One way to improve performance is to have background objects update there 3d image at 24fps. This leaves more performance on the active objects.

Your strength here is that your in control of the updates of when the sprite 3d object needs updating. And this opens up a world of opportunities to provide 3d/2d scenes while maintaining fantastic performance and fantastic imagery,

Also sprite sheets use up large chunks of memory. Where as a 3d object uses far less. 3d objects use more GPU as cost instead of memory.

• Whatever floats your boat man. There will be a sprite with 3D texture eventually. But from what I hear you want the plugin to only update on a eventsheet Action right?

• Schoening you make my day bro.. i saw last night your example and still dont believe it... f@@#king great!!!

May ask you in your examples is there any more complex object than a cube that you test? I use blender and there is an option to convert to three.js format btw. May you try the monkey model aka suzanne.

• Schoening you make my day bro.. i saw last night your example and still dont believe it... f@@#king great!!!

May ask you in your examples is there any more complex object than a cube that you test? I use blender and there is an option to convert to three.js format btw. May you try the monkey model aka suzanne.

The Cube is only a test object I am working on the Model / Texture loader. And then I show an example with one of my personal blender models.

• Wow, this can become a really useful plugin

• Yarfapet links have been updated. Still unable? (You have anime hair)

• The second link works fine, but the first one is just a black screen in chrome on my computer, too. 32 bit vista if that helps, which chrome has blacklisted everyone using that operating system. I have chrome ignoring the gpu blacklist, if I turn the blacklist back on it uses software rendering and technically works although at a terrible framerate (which has nothing to do with your plugin specifically, my CPU isn't fast enough to handle software rendering at all). They both work in Firefox, though the cube is in different locations in each browser (in chrome it's above and to the right of the unpause button, in Firefox it's to the right of the unpause button).

• Arima strange... It shows the cube to the above-right in all browsers for me. It looks like Construct2 handles button positioning via css. (They are actual <button> elements.) The Three.js <canvas> uses an eventlistener to put it self in the right position. And it can be a bit off too at the moment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Schoening works fine for my on Chrome win7 64, but all cubes are creating in strange random places and it depends on how I am resizing Chrome window. On 1920x1200 they are creating in top left corner

~1280x720 about on center of the screen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)