[plugin] Menu Aid

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Inventory Aid
$4.90 USD
Create grid-based game inventories and items easily.
  • PixelRebirth how do you go to create an ingame menu?

press a button ---> spawn the menu

press the same button again --> unspawn or destroy the menu

Like on your game NCD when you press Esc you get the "resume,option,exit"

and how do you bind a sprite with the menu like the red box on your game, when I use the bind action the sprite is drawn over the txt

...Your game have no mercy XD

• PixelRebirth how do you go to create an ingame menu?

press a button ---> spawn the menu

press the same button again --> unspawn or destroy the menu

Like on your game NCD when you press Esc you get the "resume,option,exit"

Spawn and unspawn sounds right. Did you check out the example linked in the first post?

[quote:2aypp2z8]

and how do you bind a sprite with the menu like the red box on your game, when I use the bind action the sprite is drawn over the txt

If both text and sprite are bound objects controlled by the plugin, they should actually be created with the text on top. Depending on what you're doing you'll have to use events to order things (move to top).

[quote:2aypp2z8]

...Your game have no mercy XD

Hehe I know it's terrible (on purpose)...

• yeah I checked it out, for some reason when i use the unspawn action it doesn't work...

The menu disappear but I can still select

But I will eventually figure it out

This is a very useful plugin, and well done, thank you for sharing it !!!

• yeah I checked it out, for some reason when i use the unspawn action it doesn't work...

The menu disappear but I can still select

But I will eventually figure it out

Menus that aren't spawned can still be manipulated if you wish to do so. Try adding the "Is menu spawned"-condition where it applies to prevent this.

[quote:39uc8s8c]This is a very useful plugin, and well done, thank you for sharing it !!!

Thank you and you're welcome!

• hey I have a question, I try to add a image to the menus but for a reason the sprite is always over the text that I bind to the menus, how can I solve that?

• hey I have a question, I try to add a image to the menus but for a reason the sprite is always over the text that I bind to the menus, how can I solve that?

Hey, I did claim the following before:

If both text and sprite are bound objects controlled by the plugin, they should actually be created with the text on top. Depending on what you're doing you'll have to use events to order things (move to top).

But now that I checked again that isn't actually the case. I corrected the order and will upload the updated version shortly.

• A small update with the promised fix:

New version 0.51

Changelog:

• fixed bound text not being on top
    • fixed some wrong descriptions
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • New version 0.52

Changelog:

• Added parameter "Items (Overwrite)" to action "Spawn menu" which can redefine the items a menu uses
    • Added action "Set position of menu" (why was that even missing?)
  • link download?

• The link in the first post isn't showing, but if you quote the first post it still shows up in the reply input box. It's this: pixelrebirth.net/download/519

Thanks again for this!

• tl:dr - the On/Off item for fullscreen doesn't display despite copy/paste your code. I can't get "items" to display. maybe something about prop distance? everything else works.

A minor issue has halted me in my tracks. I ended up copying and pasting your code to and didn't have any issues until prop distance. Prop distance is the distance away from where your 2nd menu option (like on/off for fullscreen) displays. It just doesn't work. Everything else works. Your code is copied exactly. My resolution is 320x180 so I tried to adjust and I tried every distance to show the on/off. I even tried "Spritefont.X" and some others after the default didn't work - I set the prop distance to 4,40,400,800 and-4,-40, ect.

dropbox.com/s/78qnfmdi86vz43z/ccg-game1.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)