0 Favourites

Event listener for variables?

• What would be the best way to tie a variable change to a conditional event trigger? IE the window.addeventlistener which doesnt accept variable changes. How can I trigger an event on variable changes. So

var a = '1'

when var a changes to '2' trigger the condition.

• Never mind, I figured it out :) goofball moment

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could you tell me what you did to resolve? Maybe im dumb (probably) but I cant seem to think of a simple way to trigger something to happen ONCE when a variable changes. Like "On Click" type events..

Any time I use something like:

• If x = 3 then

-- do "Action A"

it continually does Action A over and over and over again as long as x = 3... Other than manually programming another variable called "Action A complete" and then saying:

• if x = 3
    • and action a is not complete

-- Do Action A

or maybe thats the only way?

• I just finished a small behavior that does the trick, if anyone is interested.

On variable change plugin

• Could you tell me what you did to resolve? Maybe im dumb (probably) but I cant seem to think of a simple way to trigger something to happen ONCE when a variable changes. Like "On Click" type events..

Any time I use something like:

- If x = 3 then

-- do "Action A"

it continually does Action A over and over and over again as long as x = 3... Other than manually programming another variable called "Action A complete" and then saying:

- if x = 3

- and action a is not complete

-- Do Action A

or maybe thats the only way?

@80bit You can use the 'Trigger once while true' system condition maybe

• Aphrodite, actually, that was exactly what i needed - thank you so much! I found it in the manual yesterday after i posted and it has since changed my life haha. :) Much much easier now!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)