What shader effects do you want?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • A lot of posts here and i don't read all of them, so i don't know if my "wish" was already suggested

A waving-flag-effect would be great, so simulate a "real" waving flag or banner. Like the water-effect, but maybe with a fixed side/border, where is no waving-effect, and to the opposite side the waving-effect get more distortet ... ?!

I hope you undertsand what i mean and sorry for my english

• A lot of posts here and i don't read all of them, so i don't know if my "wish" was already suggested

A waving-flag-effect would be great, so simulate a "real" waving flag or banner. Like the water-effect, but maybe with a fixed side/border, where is no waving-effect, and to the opposite side the waving-effect get more distortet ... ?!

I hope you undertsand what i mean and sorry for my english

Check out the effects Somebody made. There's one called "flag", maybe it fits your criteria?

https://www.scirra.com/forum/nearly-daily-effects-by-somebody-neat-things-big-gifs_t123401

• Thanks! Thats exactly what i mean

• Do you have some advices to convert CG to C2 please ? I want to convert this Unity shader to C2 effect : pastebin -> bd5cyiLx I tried the CG toolkit for cross compiling to GLSL but unfortunalely. it don't work .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • iyenal222

float4 = vec4

float3 = vec3

float2 = vec2

float = float

0.12345798f = 0.12435798

You must find functions (permute, noise, etc ... in glsl syntax)

For example :

float4 taylorInvSqrt(float4 r){
                    return 1.79284291400159-0.85373472095314*r;
                }[/code:3fzl07i2]
    become : [code:3fzl07i2]
    vec4 taylorInvSqrt(vec4 r){
                    return 1.79284291400159-0.85373472095314*r;
                } [/code:3fzl07i2]

Hope this will help;
  • OK thanks but for #define... (#define REPEAT_Y 1000.0) I leave it like that ?

• OK thanks but for #define... (#define REPEAT_Y 1000.0) I leave it like that ?

Yes #define is same ;

lerp not exist in glsl but here is the function ;

vec4 lerp(vec4 colorone, vec4 colortwo, float value)
    {
    	return (colorone + value*(colortwo-colorone));
    }[/code:1nnifb1w]

OR use glsl mix;

[code:1nnifb1w]mix(_Color1,_Color2,value);[/code:1nnifb1w]
  • I wonder how will can edit effects in C3 since the addons are added using a manager and seems we can't edit them at least in this beta :S

• I wonder how will can edit effects in C3 since the addons are added using a manager and seems we can't edit them at least in this beta :S

matriax

Allready looked inside C3 ......

for example ... cr.shaders ={}

cr.shaders["myfirstshader"]

cr.shaders = {};
    cr.shaders["myfirstshader"] = {"src":"varying mediump vec2 vTex;\nuniform lowp sampler2D samplerFront;\nuniform mediump float pixelHeight;\nuniform mediump float lineHeight;\nvoid main(void)\n{\nvec2 uv=vTex ;\ngl_FragColor =vec4(uv.x,uv.y,0.0,1.0);\n}","extendBoxHorizontal":0,"extendBoxVertical":0,"crossSampling":false,"preservesOpaqueness":true,"animated":false };
    [/code:388jokao]
    Not hard to adapt all shaders i have, but syntax is bad !!!
    To edit shader now you must work on local mode ;

I was expecting something spectacular, for now I find C2 much better.
    Especially as I see glmatrix 1.0.1 ... a real nightmare, am I dreaming ? 
    However i am on  C2 until 2019 ... and continue to make shaders
  • Gigatron Oh! So you only will work on C2 shader, or you ocassionally will do some C3 shaders? if i remember well you said you will stop on C2 and start on C3 so i guess your first impresions were bad :S .

Hope they create some kind of window on you can code the FX directly inside the C3 editor and see how the effect looks with their text editor or similar, like in shadertoy, since now all is canvas can be done.

• matriax

For the moment I will stay on C2. And wait until C3 is well under development. My first impressions are bad yes , I don't like it at the moment. So I continue on C2 that I find fantastic when I saw C3

• I found an amazing Trail Effect from this website with source code already but i have 0 programming knowledge. Is there anyone who can turn this Trail Effect into EFFECT or PLUGIN?

• jance0405

Your request is on the way ;

What option would you like ?

In demo we have num particles; radius and x,y pos of mouse ...

So quickly 200 particles running at full speed now:

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/plugin/ptrail/

• would it be possible for this shader to be added?

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/llj3Dz

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)