Nearly daily [EFFECTS] by Somebody - neat things + big GIFs

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give your players time based rewards, checks how long player has been away to display time remaining to reward.
  • Somebody , WOW ! Just WOW ! O.o

Thank you so much for sharing!

• Somebody , WOW ! Just WOW ! O.o

Thank you so much for sharing!

Well, just sitting on them wouldn't do anyone any good

Glad someone finds them useful or at least neat™

Still hoping to see some usage examples/ideas/improvements, though.

And, of course, more to come.

• Somebody HOLY SHIT! You just made ALL the shaders I missed during the game production.

These effects are incredibly useful, and some really could/should be included by default in C2. (< Ashley ?)

Scrolling UV is a basic which is very, very used in other engines, saves tons of animation frames for waterfalls, lava, etc... and was missing badly.

Most of your other shaders like Trim are super helpful as well for HUD. It would have saved me a lot of time on life bars, etc...

Thank you very, very much for all this work. Looks like you're on fire! : )

i can't wait to see what will be your next ones.

EDIT: Should you have the time to do it, a "time" parameter would be super convenient for the seamless effect, so we don't have to modify a variable every tick to generate endless lopping objects like waterfalls or rain textures. (A "sine" parameter could help as well, to make objects like the one you show in your example.)

EDIT2: Your Dot effect is fantastic as well. Are you able to apply it on a full layout? I got it to work on objects, but not on the layout.

• Somebody HOLY SHIT! You just made ALL the shaders I missed during the game production.

These effects are incredibly useful, and some really could/should be included by default in C2. (< Ashley ?)

Scrolling UV is a basic which is very, very used in other engines, saves tons of animation frames for waterfalls, lava, etc... and was missing badly.

Most of your other shaders like Trim are super helpful as well for HUD. It would have saved me a lot of time on life bars, etc...

Thank you for the kind words, heh, heh. I was kinda thinking about usage so they are really simple, but, hopefully, practical Also I'm always worried about performance cost and unsure if things are done right, but they are as right as I can get them - another reason why most things have few parameters, etc.

Thank you very, very much for all this work. Looks like you're on fire! : )

i can't wait to see what will be your next ones.

EDIT: Should you have the time to do it, a "time" parameter would be super convenient for the seamless effect, so we don't have to modify a variable every tick to generate endless lopping objects like waterfalls or rain textures. (A "sine" parameter could help as well, to make objects like the one you show in your example.)

One reason I didn't do it was because time passed onto a shader is seconds passed from the start of the app. So there would be no control - you couldn't know that it would move from when you enable the effect, etc. But - it's totally doable so soon there should be an effect for "unattended" scrolling of things

EDIT2: Your Dot effect is fantastic as well. Are you able to apply it on a full layout? I got it to work on objects, but not on the layout.

The demos actually use it on a layer, so it should work, yeah. Have you checked them out?

Cool stuff is coming for sure, but I just happen to be going to Poland (why not, right?) so "almost daily" will be weekly for this week.

• Really great effects. I can see so many great uses for alot of these. And it will make alot of things possible that would of needed alot of work/animationframes to do before

• Thank you for these effects! There is some very useful stuff that has been missing from C2. Great work!

• This is officially my favorite thread on this entire site.

• volkiller730 , PixelRebirth - thanks, glad you like them.

Ok, here we go - Scroll (looks a bit bad in the gif + C2 resize isn't that great with alpha on the sides, but you get the idea - each layer and the "waterfalls" have this effect applied):

Since I like to keep the math inside the shader at a minimum you have a simple value - amount of time in seconds it takes to scroll the whole width or height of the texture. It accepts negative values to change the direction of the scrolling and 0 means it stays still.

Added to the distro and first post.

This is officially my favorite thread on this entire site.

Oh, oh, how do I ever live up to that now? Thanks!

• Somebody Fantastic! Hail to the shader king! Grabbing this right now : )

• Somebody Fantastic! Hail to the shader king! Grabbing this right now : )

Aw, far from it, but I made another one - it's not quite what I had in mind (will try to make a proportional version), but it's kinda... special... (EPILEPSY WARNING) (this demo uses three of my shaders - Adjust HSB for color cycling, Scroll for the seamless ship movement and RotoScale for the madness):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132 ... index.html

The beast is called RotoScale and it can be found in the repo. It actually wasn't meant to be in any way similarish to R0J0's neat Mode7, but if the screen is non-square it just happens. Without the rotation it has a decent amount of interesting uses as well. Enjoy!

• Ah ah, add some bouncing metal letters and you're ready for some serious 90's Atari ST demoscene!

• I love the scroll most of them all!

And I totally see what Aurel mean about the last shader.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah ah, add some bouncing metal letters and you're ready for some serious 90's Atari ST demoscene!

Surely you mean Twisting letters?

Added to the repo and first post.

I love the scroll most of them all!

It's rather neat™ indeed Thanks!

• The twist looks really nice 8)

• Twisty fishes! The twist effect make me think of fishes swimming.

I have added wish of dropshadow effect to the general wishlist of effects. Transparent or not, crisp or blurred. the kind of dropshadow that is hovering behind with equal size, 3 pixel bottom-right (of course distance and direction could be changed). Respecting the alpha of the main object. Maybe you can figure out something? Of course, I am just writing here "thinking out loud" not demanding anything. I look forward to more updates in this, no matter what.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)