[Effect] Normal Map Extended 1.01 (Updated -13 Jul)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
High quality backgrounds for games and videos with over 1000 images!
  • Yeah, I've tried

When the mouse is on top left, the light is just behind the mouse.

But, when the mouse is down off the screen, light is delayed and appears above.

And when the mouse is on right off the screen, the light is on the left mouse

• Remember to change the Window resolution in the parameters to fix that. If i remember well, is explained in the comments at the provided document.

If you not set the correct window size in the parameters things like that will happens.

• Of course, I put parameters.

But still doesn't work

• do you plan on adding a specular effect to this shader?

It would be a very sweet addition!

• THANK YOU! this will come in handy for my game ^_^

• matriax

This looks amazing! Love your shooter example with the dynamic shadows.

I want to make a Isometric game that looks like this:

Will your Effects work here? Can I have light confined to the walls and produce shadows?

• matriax

This looks amazing! Love your shooter example with the dynamic shadows.

I want to make a Isometric game that looks like this:

Will your Effects work here? Can I have light confined to the walls and produce shadows?

The normal maps do changes on the light using a texture over other. The normal map no project shadows to other tiles, for that use the Shadow Caster,etc...

• Will your Effects work here? Can I have light confined to the walls and produce shadows?

The normal maps do changes on the light using a texture over other. The normal map no project shadows to other tiles, for that use the Shadow Caster,etc...

Thanks for the response. Do you have the Shooter example shared in the past? Would love to go though it, will checkout the shadow caster too

• Here the capx of the topdown shooter:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/659 ... p17b3.capx

And here is the demo if somebody is interested before download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/659 ... index.html

• matriax

I was looking for an effect like this, but unfortunately when i tried to download it, it says 404.

Could you fix the link?

• Vabal Done!

• matriax thank you so much!

• Great effect, thank you for the work.

An example, first pass testing this (only stones and little statue are lit, light source location is the lantern):

I used Sprite Dlight Pro beta to generate the normal maps, which is a nice tool.

One question: any suggestion on how to handle a rotation of the stones at different rates (so the normal maps would also be rotating), with a fixed light source? I tried it out and realized quickly that the normal map orientation was of course baked into the maps and the shader / effect assumes particular orientation based on X/Y ordering. Right now looking at the parameters of the effect, I don't see a way to handle this. My possible very hacky solution would be to change the location of the source also to make up for the rotation of the stones / light map, but I would have to do it separately for each rotating stone and it probably still would look not quite right.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, no idea that how to do that :S

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)