Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Uh, hello. I need help converting 3D coordinates to 2D.

I know about projection matrix but I can't find a way to use it in Construct 2.

Is there any other math workaround?

My goal is to put text above 3D model.

• scoterr

It's kind of tricky to work out the math, and Q3D doesn't have an expression to get the projection matrix. It'd probably look nice if you made a sprite/model text system in Q3D and use that instead, and you'd have the benefit of using the Zbuffer.

If you know the camera attributes by setting them to known values, you can work out the projection matrix.

• QuaziGNRLnose, hi.

Could you make a simple example of a car? 3D, of course.

P. S. I bad speak English, sorry

• scoterr

It's kind of tricky to work out the math, and Q3D doesn't have an expression to get the projection matrix. It'd probably look nice if you made a sprite/model text system in Q3D and use that instead, and you'd have the benefit of using the Zbuffer.

If you know the camera attributes by setting them to known values, you can work out the projection matrix.

Will try with sprite text system. Made particles will make text. No problem at all ;___;

I think I will not sleep today.

Thanks for suggestion!

• hm yea, I'm currently trying to implement some font stuff too.

I'm trying to figure out how to scale sprites to a 1 to 1 pixel ratio regardless of the camera distance from them. That way I can have clear/readable text in perspective mode. If anyone has suggestion on how to accomplish this, let me know.

edit:

seems like this works to get correct size as long as the distance from camera is equal to the camera position's length.

sprite.width*(camera.height/camera.width)

sprite.height*(camera.height/camera.width)

• QuaziGNRLnose

One question...

Are you planing any future updates of Q3D or is this all there is?

Thank you!

• Help me! How to fix it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • dityaznaka , is your near plane on the camera set too high? Is the object too close to the camera? Seems like it is getting cut off. Any info on what you're experiencing? hard to judge the issue just by looking at the image.

• Okay, it's fixed.

Question: How to upload a texture in 3D model .obj?

• Okay, it's fixed.

Question: How to upload a texture in 3D model .obj?

Quazi has an unfinished manual here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/829 ... 2-4_2.docx

It has information about textures on page 21..

• dityaznaka

Как исправил?

• > Okay, it's fixed.

> Question: How to upload a texture in 3D model .obj?

>

Quazi has an unfinished manual here: It has information about textures on page 21..

There is no page 21 ))

• dityaznaka

??? ?????????

I tried to use the Orthogonal camera.

But you need a Perspective camera.

(I can't give a link, I have no rights

Find me in VK: Jon Feodore

I'll give a link to capx.)

• dityaznaka

You can edit a post by using the 'Pencil' icon.

#helpfulsuggestion

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)