Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • So please, respect Quazi's private life and his personal will. When he wants and has the time to work on the plugin, he will do that.

?

What he's been able to achieve and whether it was possible to do in C2 and how it compares to other products is all irrelevant. Yes he's obviously worked hard on the project, but he also asks money for his work, fair enough it's not a huge sum and i don't expect him to be chained to his desk but you simply can't turn around and behave like its some free plugin with a donate button.

For your information i've posted questions in this thread, non have been answered, and still haven't, and of the 4 examples 1 produces an error, also reported with no response, and the other appears to use commands which have since been superseded.

Like you i've since answered my own questions (apart from the error), i was simply giving my feedback on the current situation as it stood at the time of posting. You've given yours, i guess we see the situation differently. How others see the situation and whether they think i'm being too hard on him and if i'm a jerk is up to them.

• Ethan, which examples aren't working? If they've been deprecated i'll delete them, but there's no real reason for the deprecated examples to work, they've been superseded by better systems already (e.g. Q3Dlight object)

I'd hardly call the updates I put in small also. You may have bought the plugin recently, but it's come a long way for the initial purchasers, with additions that enable full skeletal animation and physics, which we're by no means small additions. Its not as if I've turned around suddenly and dropped support either, It's a fully functional product as is for it's intended purpose (3D web applications).

three.js is a free library and anyone can write their own plugin that interfaces it with Construct 2, but by no means is this a small undertaking. I've supported the bulk of the features you'd need for a game and then some (even pushing changes into three.js to optimize it for games, and adding major upgrades to oimo.js, the library i used for the physics). I don't think the price is unfair for what's already there, documentation or not. Even though anyone *can* make a similar plugin, and distribute it for free, no one has yet. I've put over a year and a half of development into Q3D, and try to maintain it every few months. I can't work on it weekly...

• I'm trying to run the "lights and geometry" example but i get this error -

Uncaught Type error: Cannot read property 'setHexR' of undefined Quazi3D_plugin.js line 2656 (col 42).

I have the latest stable build of Chrome, Construct and NW.js.

Also when i try the other examples and try clicking on any light action like lights/hemisphere it always brings up "Auto update shadows" instead. I'm guessing it's because there arnt any light based commands in the Q3D master that i can see, so how are the lights being created/set? The examples don't use any Q3dLight objects. I'm just trying to learn how to set up a scene.

A bit disappointed with the lack of docs to be honest

My original post from September.

• that example is unneeded now, it's included as a reference for people who could be using the older plugin versions. Just use Q3DLight instead, it's easier and better. In the word document I linked before they're explained quite thoroughly.

• ---------------------------

Message from webpage

---------------------------

Javascript error!

'THREE' is undefined

http://localhost:50000/Q3Dviewp_plugin.js, line 29 (col 3)

This may be a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer following the bug report guidelines. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

OK

got this error when trying to preview the layout

Windows 64 bits

Construct 2, release 214

• If q3dmaster is set to global, when you change layouts, models that have an offset will get the offset applied again- so they end up misaligned.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anyone figure out how to move objects to another scene in another viewport? Seems like it isn't working for me.

They get removed from the first scene, but they don't show up in the scene they are supposedly moved to. I have the camera set up for that scene as well, so it is strange.

edit: I've tried to create a new object in the new scene after picking it, but still no luck. Doesn't appear in the new scene. I have created the scene, camera, picked them, positioned camera, etc.

edit: seems to add it but new cameras aren't same orientation as default.. they're inverted or osmething.. or maybe the scene is?

Edit: okay, seems you have to use the change parent in the q3dmodel actions, not the change parent in the q3dMaster.. the action in the q3dmaster doesn't seem to work even if you pick the object correctly.

• Can't set background color/alpha on viewports/scenes..

edit: alpha only set to 0 or 1, and color only is set if alpha is 0 or 1, otherwise it is black.

• Seems like new cameras are inverted or something.. They don't point the same direction as the default camera. Not sure how to fix them either. I tried rotating them, but can't seem to get it right, everything ends up upside down.

edit: okay, you have to set the up vector to -1 in the y axis, and then rotate the camera 180 in the y axis and 180 in the z axis.

• Prominent

remember that Y axis is positive down, so if the "up" vector is positive Y, you're defining things flipped. The reason for this is obvious, so that the view-port of construct's editor lines up with Q3D's, and of course maintaining the fact that everything use right-handed cross products / coordinate systems (which is the de-facto standard in most 3D fields)

Viewports only support full transparent / opaque backgrounds because of how they're rendered. It's not something that can easily be changed due to limitations in three.js/webGL and Construct. Doing this was the "best" choice I could make in terms of speed as well.

Q3D Master has a lot of deprecated features, that have niche uses you normally would need. Always look at the actual available objects first as they're better optimized and require less micro-management from you and are mostly guaranteed to work. I have no idea how you were even trying to pick the Q3DModels with "change" parent as they don't have any internal ID's available to Q3D.

gorgonzola3000

That's weird. I haven't tested anything in 214, but that bug in particular means something fundamentally isn't working. Could be how you installed the plugins, or could just be how you set up the scene, I have no way of telling. You always need an instance of Q3DMaster in the layout to do anything at all, if you're missing it that kind of bug can occur, since Q3D isn't loading any of the necessary components (In this case the ENTIRE three.js library isn't loaded for likely this reason). Do you get that error trying to run examples?

• QuaziGNRLnose , what gave me trouble was that the new cameras aren't created with the same settings as the default camera is initially set with. The default camera has the up direction as -1 and the default camera is also automatically rotated 180 in both the y and z axis. You don't have to set these.

But for any new camera that you make, you have to set them that way- which causes a disconnect in a person's mind. The logical way to think a new camera would be set is how the default camera got set. So when the new camera doesn't appear to do what the default does, it make you think something is wrong.

btw, I'm still not sure why objects get their offsets added again whenever layouts change when the q3dmaster is global.

• Prominent

The Global thing is probably a bug. Any reason in particular you need Q3D master to be global?

• QuaziGNRLnose , the same reasons anyone would use global objects. It makes development simpler to manage when you deal with one object rather than multiple. No point removing something and then adding it back in when the layout changes if it is suppose to stay the same.

• err. I feel stupid.

I figured out the problem. I just forgot to put a Q3DMaster object. I mistaken Q3DMaster with Q3Dviewport

works like a charm now.

thanks

BYW, is there anyone who managed to export skeletal animation from 3dsmax to Three.JS successufully ?

• gorgonzola3000

I haven't seen too much about 3DS exporters (three.js is open source so obviously the community favors blender heavily) however i know there is an official exporter for 3DS. Im not sure what features it supports though.

In general I think people export to a format blender can read from 3DS, then import to blender -> export from blender to a three.js format. Maybe this has changed, i haven't been too active in three.js dev community recently.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)