Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I believe the images load automatically if the name specified in the json file for the images matches the name of images in the directory. You need the images for the object to be in added to the files folder in the same way the model is. I tried it with a few models/images from three.js examples and got it to work, so i'm not sure whats causing the issue. Sending me a .capx would be helpful if you're doing everything i stated and its still not working.

Alright thanks, you'll likely receive a pm or email with information soon. I'll see what i can do.

• QuaziGNRLnose - Have you ever used CopperCube? I think if you and that guy ever decided to team up, you all would have one AWESOME 3d event based game engine.

• Wow, amazing addon

• QuaziGNRLnose

Do you think you could demonstrate to us a simple First Person camera demo capx? I still am having trouble trying to figure out how to manipulate the camera to allow for a First Person camera.

Thanks in advance!

• Nice work man, will try test here, thanks

• want to buy it, but i'm reluctant about how it integrates with the editor. can we get videos or screens on the matter?

• Any samples / tutorials?

• ziziplanet Check the main post, there are three examples to get you started. The rest of the plugin functions very similarly to three.js itself, so reading the documentation http://threejs.org/docs/ can be very helpful. Also make sure to read the descriptions for each action, condition and expression as they provide insight into how things work.

KZR The current version doesn't integrate into the editor, but i have an update I'm putting the final touches on that integrates much more streamlined into the workflow construct users are used to, and will be much more efficient to use since it implements optimized recycling routines and has a built in spatial hash accelerated 3D collision testing system.

To those of you waiting on the update: I've gotten basic collisions finalized and object recycling finalized. I've gotten 400 models of suzanne the monkey (pictured below) to display at 60 fps on my 1.8 ghz laptop with integrated graphics, so performance is quite good, and objects create and destroy without garbage collection hiccups. I've also implemented a system for controlling textures using constructs animation system, which even allows for animated textures! Next on my todo list is general optimizations and extra features to accelerate objects which are static, or share properties with other objects. I also need to add support for more file types. Once this is done a 3D sprite object should come soon after, and then possibly 3D model animations using skeletal rigging, of course before i get into doing more i'll release the Q3DObject update i've been promising for so long. Thank you for the patience everyone, i hope i can get it out soon!

(this is suzanne to give you an idea of the benchmark I did)

• Thanks looking forward for the updated versions.

• QuaziGNRLnose Good one, I appreciate your hard work.

• Very awesome Quazi, thank you for the hard work!!

• ziziplanet Check the main post, there are three examples to get you started. The rest of the plugin functions very similarly to three.js itself, so reading the documentation http://threejs.org/docs/ can be very helpful. Also make sure to read the descriptions for each action, condition and expression as they provide insight into how things work.

KZR The current version doesn't integrate into the editor, but i have an update I'm putting the final touches on that integrates much more streamlined into the workflow construct users are used to, and will be much more efficient to use since it implements optimized recycling routines and has a built in spatial hash accelerated 3D collision testing system.

To those of you waiting on the update: I've gotten basic collisions finalized and object recycling finalized. I've gotten 400 models of suzanne the monkey (pictured below) to display at 60 fps on my 1.8 ghz laptop with integrated graphics, so performance is quite good, and objects create and destroy without garbage collection hiccups. I've also implemented a system for controlling textures using constructs animation system, which even allows for animated textures! Next on my todo list is general optimizations and extra features to accelerate objects which are static, or share properties with other objects. I also need to add support for more file types. Once this is done a 3D sprite object should come soon after, and then possibly 3D model animations using skeletal rigging, of course before i get into doing more i'll release the Q3DObject update i've been promising for so long. Thank you for the patience everyone, i hope i can get it out soon!

(this is suzanne to give you an idea of the benchmark I did)

Awesome news Quazi!

Is first person camera view also going to be part of this update? Or is it already possible to do?

• GameThirsty

first person view has always been possible. You have to control the camera position/rotation, there's not much more to it than that, its not the type of thing that would be part of an update. place the camera where your characters head would be and make it look towards the point you want to look towards.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great plugin. Keep up the amazing work! I think I'll buy it after the update.

• Great plugin. Keep up the amazing work! I think I'll buy it after the update.

+1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)