Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • istavang

current version is r67.

The update is migrated to r68.

I haven't fully tested if this has broken some things.

1. its 66 in my plugin ?

2. howcome the z axis is diffrent colors in three.js compare to blender where the z axis is blue and three.js the helper z axis is green ? isnt there a standard RGB red green blue xyz

3. If u cant use 2 q3d plugins on same game , how do u eg pin one object in scene to get moving , can u pin by id ?

4 . allso i saw tiny tank using 68 ?

5. If u could take out just the tank and make a simple capx of it , it would be a big help for us all I beleave.

I understand the guys is kind of missleading when u advertised with it on sale.

I need my car wheels rolling !

Thanks in advance

• how do u set the z-index on an id object ? anyone ?

• istavang

1. I made a mistake because i've been working on multiple versions of the plugin, you're correct the current public version is using r66, but the three.js version has very little to do with how the plugin works, i merely migrated to r68 since it helps compatibility.

2. The Z axis is blue in three.js, it follows the standard convention. the camera orientation may be confusing you as the axis's do not align with constructs if your camera is looking from lets say the +Y axis towards the origin.

3. what do you mean by "pin", the q3D object acts as a window to the 3D world and having multiple extra canvases added to the DIV makes no sense and wouldn't work very well. If you meant how do you attach multiple objects together, you must use the "change parent" action to lets say attach wheels to a car body or something similar, this creates an object hierarchy, you cannot use the "pin behavior", because this was designed to work with sprites and normal layout objects, you must use the parenting controls and your own custom designed logic.

4. yes i updated tiny tank to r68 when i updated the game to have high-scores and i wanted to see the stability of the new version on multiple systems.

5. Tiny Tank can and was made with the original version, I fail to see where it's misleading. All of the Action/Conditions/Expressions of the plugin are available to look at in the main post, there's no slight of hand. the workflow is complicated for novice users at the moment and i'm aiming to make it simpler. If you are having difficulty with the current version, Tiny Tank will make things even more confusing with its abstraction of certain concepts, and the fact the engine is actually built with online multiplayer half implemented. The updates are free for those who purchase/purchased the plugin even though there's a lot of work in them, so if the current version seems difficult to use you can wait for the newer one which attempts to make the workflow easier. The current version is meant to make three.js accessible through the construct event sheet, there's a lot of extra work that needs to go into making the workflow for 3D objects similar to sprites, which is what i'm currently trying to do.

6. I'm not sure what you mean by Z-index, as the objects are part of the 3D canvas and use the three.js zbuffer for ordering/rasterizing. You'll need to clarify to get a better answer.

• the grid is diffrent and confusing , in blender the car is standing on the grid horizontal plane (looks like) but it is actually the vertical plane .(Red Green grid)

in three editor the car is standing horizontal on the (Red Blue grid) correct horizontal plane

there is somthing not correct here , then u actually design on the wrong plane when the z y get mixed up like that? if i am understanding this correctly.

the grid is horizontal loocking in three editor , but in c2 the grid is vertical loocking

• I put the grid on the xy plane, because the xy plane is more pertinent in construct than the zy plane, since construct is a 2D editor. It's not wrong, it's a helper used to define the ground plane. If you find it confusing disable it and create a new helper oriented however you like using events, it's not a forced standard or anything like that, you're able to create helpers like you are able to create any other object.

• I put the grid on the xy plane, because the xy plane is more pertinent in construct than the zy plane, since construct is a 2D editor. It's not wrong, it's a helper used to define the ground plane. If you find it confusing disable it and create a new helper oriented however you like using events, it's not a forced standard or anything like that, you're able to create helpers like you are able to create any other object.

I am not saying anything is wrong with your grid , I just want to learn what we should use as the horisontal plane in here, its better with a standard in here at least , so then the neg y green will be up ? and the z blue will be the horisontal depth plane ? i dont care to ask maybe a little silly , thats the fastes way to learn

• got the json texture working now

and here is just a little how to make animation

https://gameportalen.com/three.js_Skele ... ion22.html

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am not saying anything is wrong with your grid , I just want to learn what we should use as the horisontal plane in here, its better with a standard in here at least , so then the neg y green will be up ? and the z blue will be the horisontal depth plane ? i dont care to ask maybe a little silly , thats the fastest way to learn

It depends on your game, i can't give a standard as the user is the one who chooses

which planes to use.

• is it possible to make a addon gateway event command to load our own three.js addon scripts in to the 3D canvas , eg orbitcontroll.js animationhandler.js, requestAnimationFrame.js , custum.js and so we can make use of three.js gamelogic-. but on our own risk ,that would be great , I am thinking something like as in threex module extension system http://www.threejsgames.com/extensions/

• istavang

1. I made a mistake because i've been working on multiple versions of the plugin, you're correct the current public version is using r66, but the three.js version has very little to do with how the plugin works, i merely migrated to r68 since it helps compatibility.

2. The Z axis is blue in three.js, it follows the standard convention. the camera orientation may be confusing you as the axis's do not align with constructs if your camera is looking from lets say the +Y axis towards the origin.

3. what do you mean by "pin", the q3D object acts as a window to the 3D world and having multiple extra canvases added to the DIV makes no sense and wouldn't work very well. If you meant how do you attach multiple objects together, you must use the "change parent" action to lets say attach wheels to a car body or something similar, this creates an object hierarchy, you cannot use the "pin behavior", because this was designed to work with sprites and normal layout objects, you must use the parenting controls and your own custom designed logic.

4. yes i updated tiny tank to r68 when i updated the game to have high-scores and i wanted to see the stability of the new version on multiple systems.

5. Tiny Tank can and was made with the original version, I fail to see where it's misleading. All of the Action/Conditions/Expressions of the plugin are available to look at in the main post, there's no slight of hand. the workflow is complicated for novice users at the moment and i'm aiming to make it simpler. If you are having difficulty with the current version, Tiny Tank will make things even more confusing with its abstraction of certain concepts, and the fact the engine is actually built with online multiplayer half implemented. The updates are free for those who purchase/purchased the plugin even though there's a lot of work in them, so if the current version seems difficult to use you can wait for the newer one which attempts to make the workflow easier. The current version is meant to make three.js accessible through the construct event sheet, there's a lot of extra work that needs to go into making the workflow for 3D objects similar to sprites, which is what i'm currently trying to do.

6. I'm not sure what you mean by Z-index, as the objects are part of the 3D canvas and use the three.js zbuffer for ordering/rasterizing. You'll need to clarify to get a better answer.

could u please make a simple example of how to attach one json object wheel to a json object body , will be much appriciated , to see the workflow to get going further on

Thanks

• istavang

you need to import both objects separately, create them, use "change object parent" by making the child id that of the wheel and the parent id that of the body, and then position the wheel at the right position / rotation by playing around with the wheel position/rotation according to the local dimensions of the body. that's the process.

• Everyones Open PROJECT in progress

https://gameportalen.com/FORMELQthreeD2/index.html

Updatet 02

https://gameportalen.com/demo_in_progress.capx

Everyone Feel free to download everyones learning project

Please Modify and post your version of your progress ,lets make this car do something more !

Todo:

smooth steering right left

Tools:

json preview tool

https://gameportalen.com/threex.gameeditor-master/editor/v04/index.html

Howto:

https://gameportalen.com/three.js_Skeleton_animation_Makehuman_export/Makehuman_skeleton_animation22.html

Demo track update01

Silverstone F1 track

https://gameportalen.com/SILVERNYTEST/index.html

Anyone wants the track capx just ask

• hm, i bought it, but it definitely wasn't what i expected.

I thought things like Fog, Antialiasing and Set Resolution also could be applied for a 2D project and that it wasnt only for the viewport of Q3D

Im really, really disappointed i must admit, that i actually used money just to find out i can't use it for what i expected to use it for.

I may have missed something, in that case im sorry, but then i hope somebody can explain to me how to use it.

• Conti
  • SgtConti

I don't understand how fog could work in 2D, or what anti aliasing would do in the context of 2D either. Resolution can already be controlled through constructs interface so i'm not sure what you were expecting out of a plugin meant to do 3D.

• To be exact i expected to be able to:

Set the Rendering Resolution in runtime.

With anti aliasing, yeah, i know, i just realised it, thats my fault.

And with Fog, i actually thought about Fog like, well, yeah, Fog.

^^ But that was never really a problem, since how i imagine it can be done with a 2D texture like i currently do.

So yes ok, to round it up, in all honesty, if i could set the rendering resolution at runtime i would be glad enough.

But that is only set for the 3D canvas and not the 2D. As far as i can tell.

Sorry that i had some false expectations (Talking about Fog and AA(I was a bit overreacting))

when i think about it afterwards, it's kind of clear that it wouldn't be like i thought it would be.

• Conti
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)