Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • >

> I worked with Q3D for about six months and released a game with it. There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

>

> 1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.

> 2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

>

> Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9zj/Q3D%20Users%20Manual%20V2-4_2.docx?dl=0

>

> I will be here off an on, as I am currently working with Unity on a bigger project. I still love working with Construct and Q3D, so I will try to check here periodically if you have questions.

>

> PS - fuego96 is a genius. Be sure to bug him too.

> PPS - QuaziGNRLnose is also a genius.

>

cjbruce

Sorry for the very late reply, was caught up in the beginning of the new school year. Thanks for the help! Can I play your game somewhere?

I messed around with Q3D some more and settled with just cubes and sprites. On one hand because I am no good with making good low-poly models, on the other hand because this will have to run on cheap-ish student tablets.

Here is what I have so far:

http://barbaareducatie.nl/barbarium

Some notes:

- only the first room (first to the left) has content right now

- it is in Dutch

- the screens (which will have video and audio) don't work yet

- you can walk through walls because I can't really code

Nice work! Have you considered http://assetforge.io for making models? It might fit your style, and is pretty easy to use.

My Q3D game is available for AirConsole at the following URL:

YOUTUBE TRAILER:

https://youtu.be/bry1hOjbb3E

DIRECT PLAY LINK:

http://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.nerdislandstudios.robotrumble

I built it with several of my physics students, and we were all learning 3D game development at the time. It was great to work in C2 because we didn't have to worry about learning C# and Unity.

• That's a fun game! Thanks for suggesting Asset Forge, I purchased it right away and made some quick models with it. However Q3D seems to have the same problems with the .obj models as it did with the ones I made in Blender. It gives a javascript error at the start and only shows the bounding box, not the model itself. Is there any way to work around this?

• That's a fun game! Thanks for suggesting Asset Forge, I purchased it right away and made some quick models with it. However Q3D seems to have the same problems with the .obj models as it did with the ones I made in Blender. It gives a javascript error at the start and only shows the bounding box, not the model itself. Is there any way to work around this?

Darn! I didn't consider the R71 problem. Can you open the files in Blender, then export them using R71?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tried that, but Blender doesn't even want to seem to open them. I import the .obj file but nothing happens

• After some more messing around with different versions of blender and exporters I managed to import the .obj in blender and export it as an .obj from there, it works now, thanks!

• After some more messing around with different versions of blender and exporters I managed to import the .obj in blender and export it as an .obj from there, it works now, thanks!

Nice!

I'm really hoping to convince someone to to make a modern implementation of three.js or babylon.js for C2/C3 so we don't have to rely on a really old exporter, but alas, we might have to wait a while.

Unity3d web export is so bloated.

• Hey Is there any way to check if a model is fully loaded to execute an event?

Animations just don't play when I play them at the start of the layout. I can make this work by delaying it by, say, 3 seconds, but it seems like a workaround.

Anyway, I've been using Q3D for a few weeks. Good job ^^ I am kinda getting used to this.

• Hey Is there any way to check if a model is fully loaded to execute an event?

Animations just don't play when I play them at the start of the layout. I can make this work by delaying it by, say, 3 seconds, but it seems like a workaround.

Anyway, I've been using Q3D for a few weeks. Good job ^^ I am kinda getting used to this.

You can check if everything's loaded by doing compare two values and checking if Q3DMaster.LoadStatus = 1.

• purplemonkey

thanks ^^

• Good evening...

I'm studying plugins (Q3D), I've even created small projects, but I still have a lot of questions about importing objects (3D), and texturing.

Can I get more information or instructions, mainly in Portuguese, so I can receive more details and instructions ...

• Good evening...

I'm studying plugins (Q3D), I've even created small projects, but I still have a lot of questions about importing objects (3D), and texturing.

Can I get more information or instructions, mainly in Portuguese, so I can receive more details and instructions ...

I'm not sure if you saw this from a few posts back:

[quote:3fo76lo0]There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.

2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9 ... .docx?dl=0

• > Good evening...

>

> I'm studying plugins (Q3D), I've even created small projects, but I still have a lot of questions about importing objects (3D), and texturing.

>

> Can I get more information or instructions, mainly in Portuguese, so I can receive more details and instructions ...

>

I'm not sure if you saw this from a few posts back:

[quote:1osy5ghy]There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.

2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9 ... .docx?dl=0

I understand, objects are specific, so I will have difficulty modeling my own objects, but now I already have a base to start my studies.

The Q3D has compatibility with C3 also, I bought a license of the same and I am already using in C2, but I do not know how to use the C3 ...

Thank you.

Unfortunately Q3D isn’t compatible with C3. There are two reasons for this:

1. The C3 plugin drawing API hasn’t been released yet. This means that no one (other than Scirra) has the ability to write plugins that draw to the screen. Q3D is one of many C2 plugins that require this.

2. Even when the drawing API is released, someone has to go through the (extensive) effort to convert all of the Q3D plugins and behaviors to C3. I would love it if QuaziGNRLnose were willing to do this, but completely understand if it is more than he is willing to take on. I believe that Q3D is many times more complicated than any other set of plugins on the store.

• I understand ... I believe that C3 is still in development and will be delayed for all updates ...

Thanks for the feedback.

• Somebody can get the Mouse Lock 0.5 plugin working with the last C2 release r247 in any site?

I tried the the 0.3 and 0.5 with their example .capx in browser or NW.JS and in Babylon3D and not works.

As in the plugin thread says about MouseLock i fixed manually some of the code that worked time ago, but now i can get it working.

Somebody can get it working? I tried using key, single/double click ,etc... but none, the mouse gets locked and the console logs syas is locked and returns the mouse movement XY pixels but in the game nothing moves ¿?.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)