Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • fuego96

Okay, this is officially awesome. I am blown away.

Any chance of making this server's API or something like it public? It halfway solves the 3D editor problem.

• fuego96

Okay, this is officially awesome. I am blown away.

Any chance of making this server's API or something like it public? It halfway solves the 3D editor problem.

Note that the rotation bug is still there though and you'd be fighting with it quite a lot. Perhaps after I release OnTrack.

EDIT: It's not a promise though, as I'm more interested in making games, not tools

EDIT2: Thinking about this, unfortunately, my solution cannot be made into a general tool as object selections via mouse require raycasting to specific Q3DModels in a given project. In other words, the server-side is just half of the solution, the other half has to be in the C2 project. Might be better to come up with tutorials but that too takes time and effort.

• Sirvoid I doubt it unless you can figure out a way to use a texture to control mesh vertices, but the texture has to be generated some way. Maybe doable but beyond my knowledge.

Ok but how can I control the mesh verticles ??

I don't see any ways to do that.

• I just bought this plugin set to develop an educational project (virtual history-themed museum) and I am in need of some assistance, especially when it comes to creating and loading textured models that will actually view. I had some luck with the built-in primives but the models I create in Blender (exported to .obj or .json) don't seem to work.

I am on a small budget so I could pay a little for it, anyone interested?

• Hayo

From what I can tell, a lot of folks here using Q3D are still experimenting with the plugin, myself included.

And just know that Q3D is a scaled down version of ThreeJS and while it is a viable solution for a lot of 3D scenarios, it doesn't do everything ThreeJS can.

That said, perhaps you can post a small .capx to allow myself and others in this forum to check out where you're having trouble with?

Just put it into a public Dropbox or Google drive.

• I just bought this plugin set to develop an educational project (virtual history-themed museum) and I am in need of some assistance, especially when it comes to creating and loading textured models that will actually view. I had some luck with the built-in primives but the models I create in Blender (exported to .obj or .json) don't seem to work.

I am on a small budget so I could pay a little for it, anyone interested?

Hayo

I worked with Q3D for about six months and released a game with it. There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.

2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9zj/Q3D%20Users%20Manual%20V2-4_2.docx?dl=0

I will be here off an on, as I am currently working with Unity on a bigger project. I still love working with Construct and Q3D, so I will try to check here periodically if you have questions.

PS - fuego96 is a genius. Be sure to bug him too.

PPS - QuaziGNRLnose is also a genius.

• I will be here off an on, as I am currently working with Unity on a bigger project.

Treason !

Actually, I'm probably going to get a Developer cert.

Flattery will get you... attention

• Treason !

Actually, I'm probably going to get a Developer cert.

Unity has its strengths and weaknesses. I am really missing the Q3D cylinder collider in Unity right now, but I need the Unity collaboration features, decals, and particle systems, and I'm looking forward to finally exporting to Apple TV. I would still rather work in Construct though.

I am much faster with Construct.

• Unity has its strengths and weaknesses.

Not going to lie. I could do my racer in Unity four times quicker. Perhaps with better physics as well.

However, the .apk was 43MB vs. 10MB from C2 Cordova, and I wasn't even trying hard with C2. I saw some great indie games on the web and on Play Store and it was pretty easy to pick out the ones made with Unity (even without the Unity logo).

They were the ones I didn't want to download. Really, imagine downloading a racer (like OnTrack) and using up 43MB of mobile device storage.

The more decent Unity games weighted in at least 50MB. Ridiculous.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good evening.

I am having an error while trying to load Q3D:

Can someone help me? Please.

uncaught reference error three is not defined http://localhost:5000/q3dpoint_plugin.js line 243 col 2

• You need to add Q3D master first.

• Hello!

.json format is unusable because I get the "cannot read property 'length' of undefined" error. No model is shown at all.

Also, could anyone relink the examples? Or give some kind of capx to look at and learn ^^?

e: Also, how do you load .mtl file that comes with .obj? For some reason I can't get it to work when it's in the folder.

• .. json format is unusable because...

According to the manual (see second answer below), the best version of the threejs exporter for Blender (just assuming here) to use for Q3D is r71. You can download it from here.

https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/releases/tag/r71

Works just fine.

...how do you load .mtl file that comes with .obj?...

The concepts are rather different. Best to check the manual.

cjbruce (really helpful guy) has posted a link to the manual just a few posts above. Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9zj/Q3D%20Users%20Manual%20V2-4_2.docx?dl=0

Hope it helps you. Sure did help me.

• Thanks!

Turns out I just used bad export settings in blender, it works now.

Now all I have to figure out is how to make objects clickable by mouse cursor (obviously, when using camera they don't line up with their positions on the layout) and I'm ready to go with my project.

e: purplemonkey QuaziGNRLnose - could you reupload your examples ^^? If anyone has, that would be nice.

I am mostly interested in mouse usage.

e2: hm... I think i'll use that rotation matrix for cursor + raycast from camera center to the cursor.

• I worked with Q3D for about six months and released a game with it. There are a couple of gotchas when working with Blender to import models:

1. Make sure you are using the three.js R71 exporter. Later versions of three.js made some breaking changes.

2. Make sure you are calling at least one of your diffuse map textures "DiffuseMap" in the animation editor in Construct 2.

Also, in case you haven't already, read all the way through the excellent Q3D manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpn0mbh4m7lo9zj/Q3D%20Users%20Manual%20V2-4_2.docx?dl=0

I will be here off an on, as I am currently working with Unity on a bigger project. I still love working with Construct and Q3D, so I will try to check here periodically if you have questions.

cjbruce

Sorry for the very late reply, was caught up in the beginning of the new school year. Thanks for the help! Can I play your game somewhere?

I messed around with Q3D some more and settled with just cubes and sprites. On one hand because I am no good with making good low-poly models, on the other hand because this will have to run on cheap-ish student tablets.

Here is what I have so far:

http://barbaareducatie.nl/barbarium

Some notes:

• only the first room (first to the left) has content right now
    • it is in Dutch
    • the screens (which will have video and audio) don't work yet
    • you can walk through walls because I can't really code
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)