[plugin] Sentry

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • <font size="6">Sentry</font>

able to 'see' other object but can't see through walls.

<font size="6">Download</font>

Extract to Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins

<font size="6">Example</font>

A sentry cast rays from it's position in a cone, and is able to 'see' other objects with it's rays. The number of rays can be set as well as angle of view and length of each ray. The rays will be visible in the editor but not in game. Sentry can not see an object if it is hidden behind a blockade (can be wall, crate, etc).

<font size="5">cautions:</font>

• you must call 'Initialize' action for each sentry object at 'On Start Layout'
    • you must add all blockade objects at 'On Start Layout'
    • if your sentry has defined blockades, you must call 'Search for Blockade' action at 'Every Tick' before calling it's 'See other object' conditions.
    • Every time you change the sentry's position or angle, you must call it's 'Recalculate rays' action. Don't have to do so for other parameters.

If this confuses you, just look at the example. It's pretty straight forward.

This plugin is a success but it has not been useful for my purpose so I won't be updating it any time soon. If you fix or improve any part of it, you should post it on your own thread and link to this topic I suppose.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • imgur.com/omDbgyV

I know you said you won't be updating it any time soon, still it would be nice if you could have a look...

cheers,

El Yoth

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)