[plugin] rex_listCtrl

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • rexrainbow

That was fast! Thanks it works now!

• Update

rex_listCtrl plugin: add action: set line height (sample capx)

• Update

rex_gridCtrl plugin: add action: set cell height (sample capx)

• Update

rex_gridCtrl, rex_listCtrl: fix return value of expression:BottomOY , now this expression is the scrollable length of current table.

• I have a question:

Is it possible to reverse the line order so that new lines get added on top of the last one instead of underneath it?

Like a WhatsApp chat, so that your first item (index 0) is at the bottom of the ListCtrl object and the next one comes on top of that one and so on?

• randomly

Indexes are increasing from top to bottom, in current version.

• randomly

Indexes are increasing from top to bottom, in current version.

Yes, I am aware of that. So there is no way to reverse this in the current version and there won't be an update with that function in the near future?

(I just want to know, I don't ask you to create an update, I know that you are busy)

• randomly

Data of grid/list could be put into another standalone plugin (for example, my taffydb plugin), the order of items could be controlled by designer.

Edit:

Here is a product of grid table in scirra store.

• Alright, thanks for that answer.

I have another problem though:

This is my event sheet:

The msgtext object always sets its text to "ERROR", meaning that the Line data returns an error.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?

• randomly

I have no idea, sorry. Please provide a very simple test capx.

• rexrainbow

Here you go: Download .capx

• randomly

List ctrl will be updated when setting total lines count, before set custom data "msg", thus you won't get correct data.

A possible solution is to add action refresh after set custom data "msg", to force triggering "condition:on visible lines" again for all visible lines.

I had updated rex_listCtrl and rex_gridCtrl, now it will not update immediately when when setting total lines/cells count. Please download them again.

And here is a modified capx from yours, which could push 1 new line in front of list. It might fit your requirement, to show the latest data at the top of list.

• I had updated rex_listCtrl and rex_gridCtrl, now it will not update immediately when when setting total lines/cells count. Please download them again.

You are a genius!

That update solved the issue for me, I didn't even have to change anything in my code!

Thank you so much!

• I'm using gridctrl to create a table with varying column widths. There is an Action to set height, but not to set width. I can only set the default width.

The instructions infer that width can be set:

Cell size

The cell size is set in "Cell height", "Cell width" in properties table, or set by "Action:Set cell height", "Action:Set cell width".

Is there a way to set varying column widths in the grid? I'm using this to display a table of text information. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just in case this scribble is useful to someone else....

I'm using a workaround. I need to display 3 logical columns of text to the user, so I'm using 12 actual columns in the grid. To represent my text column 1, I use Columns 0-2 (y 0-2) in the grid. The cell sprite and text objects are pinned to column 0 zero and set with the width of GridCtrl.DefaultCellWidth*3. Then I pin the next cell sprite and text to Column 3 in the grid with the desired width multiplier and so forth.

I've found my table (about 200 rows) is a bit klunky, though.. I think I'm outside of the intent for this plugin, though it is great.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)