[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hello, please, could you help me with these questions?:

1- How do I choose the region of the photon server I want to connect to?

2 - Does Photon do this automatically and connect to the most convenient region ?.

3 - When I use "Connect to the name server", am I connecting to a master server or a name server?

I'm confused with this, what condition should I use to know if I'm connected to the photon server ?:

Is connected to master server

OR

Is connected to name server

It seems that neither works, even though I am connected to the server.

Although I am connected in a room, these conditions are always true and the text is written.

Then, how do I check if I am connected to the photon server?

-------------------------------

Final note.

I received this error:

When I added this condition:

Can I give you some information to solve this?

• Hello, please, could you help me with these questions?:

Hi

1- How do I choose the region of the photon server I want to connect to?

Set "Region" option in Photon object properties or call "Set region" action if you need to change region in runtime.

2 - Does Photon do this automatically and connect to the most convenient region ?.

No, best region selection is not supported currently in Photon js sdk and construct plugins

3 - When I use "Connect to the name server", am I connecting to a master server or a name server?

Client connects to name server first, then automatically to master server of region you specified.

I'm confused with this, what condition should I use to know if I'm connected to the photon server ?:

Is connected to master server

OR

Is connected to name server

It seems that neither works, even though I am connected to the server.

Although I am connected in a room, these conditions are always true and the text is written.

Then, how do I check if I am connected to the photon server?

What exactly you need to know? You are connected to a server (name, master or game) while one of "Is connected to Nameserver", "Is connected to Master server", "Is connected to a lobby", "Is joined to a room" conditions is true. You may find more convenient to handle "On" events like "On join room".

"On state change event" is useful for client state tracing.

-------------------------------

Final note.

I received this error:

When I added this condition:

Can I give you some information to solve this?

You use "Is connected to a lobby" as an event but it's simple condition which called on each frame. Use "On join lobby" event instead. See samples bundled with plugins for details.

• > Hello, please, could you help me with these questions?:

Hi

>

> 1- How do I choose the region of the photon server I want to connect to?

Set "Region" option in Photon object properties or call "Set region" action if you need to change region in runtime.

>

> 2 - Does Photon do this automatically and connect to the most convenient region ?.

No, best region selection is not supported currently in Photon js sdk and construct plugins

>

> 3 - When I use "Connect to the name server", am I connecting to a master server or a name server?

Client connects to name server first, then automatically to master server of region you specified.

> I'm confused with this, what condition should I use to know if I'm connected to the photon server ?:

>

> Is connected to master server

> OR

> Is connected to name server

>

> It seems that neither works, even though I am connected to the server.

> Although I am connected in a room, these conditions are always true and the text is written.

>

>

>

> Then, how do I check if I am connected to the photon server?

What exactly you need to know? You are connected to a server (name, master or game) while one of "Is connected to Nameserver", "Is connected to Master server", "Is connected to a lobby", "Is joined to a room" conditions is true. You may find more convenient to handle "On" events like "On join room".

"On state change event" is useful for client state tracing.

>

> -------------------------------

>

> Final note.

>

> I received this error:

>

>

>

> When I added this condition:

>

>

>

> Can I give you some information to solve this?

You use "Is connected to a lobby" as an event but it's simple condition which called on each frame. Use "On join lobby" event instead. See samples bundled with plugins for details.

Thanks, I'll need to do some tests on that.

Now I am dealing with graphic material, I hope to soon return to the connection issue.

• Hello! Where is the download link?

• Hello! Where is the download link?

Here:

https://www.photonengine.com/en-us/sdks#construct2

Realtime for games

chat for chats

• ThePhotons

Hey, can we request a Construct 3 runtime version of the Photon Plugin for Construct 3. Thank You.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, why does not the condition "if the connection has been lost" exist?

If I am playing and someone disconnects the ethernet cable, the connection is lost but this check does not exist in the plugin.

OK I see "On Error" and photon.stateString

• Hello, if I have to select the best region then I will need to know in which country each player is located, how do I get the country from each player ?, and how to know which is the best region?.

• Hello ThePhotons

I am trying to deploy Photon Server (Self Hosted) on my PC, but i have problem with the connection.

My game cannot connect to the server.

I've Run Photon Control and Start LoadBalancing(MyCloud) as application.

On Photon Control, my Local IP : 192.168.43,39 And Public IP : 182.1.170.195

On Construct plugin properties, i used Self Hosted for HostType and SelfHostedAddress is localhost:9090

Note : I am using Photon control 4.0.28

Is there something wrong with my setting above?

• Hi there,,, Is this working with cocoon.io?

• savvito123

Hi there,,, Is this working with cocoon.io?

Yes.

• Is it possible to port the plugin to construct 3 runtime?

• Is it possible to port the plugin to construct 3 runtime?

Yes. But it seems he hasn't been online for a while to work on it or at least know about it.

If you want. You can try and contact Photon Engine, the company itself. It may hasten the support.

• The download from the official link is not available.

• Currently it seems that the plugin does not work with the HTML5 export.

That is, if you export your game in HTML5 and upload it to a host, the photon plugin will not connect, it will not work, I have contacted them to inform them and I am waiting for a solution / response.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)