[Plugin] Photon Cloud

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • I could help to design actions/conditions, Or you might post question here.

• 1) There's a bug, which throws "undefined property" error, when you call expressions "RoomMaxPlayers", "RoomPlayerCount", "RoomIsOpen". I think it refers to something [availableRoomsDict] which is missing in Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js

2) SetMaxPlayers and SetRoomClosed/Opened actions

3) Kick user action

Fixed.

Please download and reinstall plugin.

• Plugin updated.

Added setMyRoomIsVisible, setMyRoomIsOpen, setMyRoomMaxPlayers and other room methods.

Use them along with setPropertyOfMyRoom before room creation to set parameters for new room.

Or call them while joined to change parameters of currently joined room.

• I could help to design actions/conditions, Or you might post question here.

Thanks.

At this point we just need to know which missed plugin parts are most demanded.

• Update : Reading the online docs, looks like I want the 'JoinOrCreateRoom" function found on other platforms.

I also would find OpFindFriends and OnOperationResponse ( particularly trigger too OnPhotonJoinRoomFailed) useful, if you looking for feedback.

Plan to use the plugin, it looks great, one question, I want the user to join a predetermined room, but do not know if it exists or needs to be created by the first user.

I note there is a "joinRandomRoom no match found" event, could there also be an event for non random rooms, along the lines off "roomNotFound" ?

Otherwise I will search the returned roomlist, and create if I cannot find it, my concern is this might start race states between players as to who creates the room first.

Hmm, just occurred to me, will the roomlist be length zero if no rooms of a specific name are found? I could test on that.

PS: photon.add interest group has a typo in it, appearing as "Add Interest gorup" in the editor.

• hi,

where can i download the plugin for c2 ??? , i dont find it

thanks

• matrix, its at the start of this thread

• anyone has success multiplayer on ios with this plugin ? (game made by construct 2 )

• matrix

I am testing it now, only got as far as getting the logging, rooms, peer and host arrangements to how I need them, but so far, so good, I will keep you posted.

However I think success will depend on the nature of the game, if photon is has to resort to web-socket on IoS, and Server / Host messaging, then it would only really suitable for games that do not need constant, near instant communication, so FPS, fighting or racing game could be an issue, but turn based, puzzle and some RTS designs would probably be fine.

• Currently I get the following error when running the test in an iPad, in either safari or chrome:

NameServer peer connect failed. ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/3002

Works fine on other platforms.

No iPad support is a downer, I hoped photon would save me going to websocket directly, hope I am doing something wrong.

update: Tried both the provided demos (after adding AppID number) on iPad (iPad Air 2 64GB), and got the same error.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great! Will test it ... Thanks

• bentwonk,

Thanks for feedback.

[quote:7glh8mhz]I note there is a "joinRandomRoom no match found" event, could there also be an event for non random rooms, along the lines off "roomNotFound"

Errors other than "onJoinRandomRoomNoMatchFound" can be handled via Photon."On Error" event. Log Photon.ErrorCode and Photon.ErrorMessage to get an idea which codes are for which events. 32766 / "A game with the specified id already exist" is for creating room with existing name for instance. OnOperationResponse with operation code (as in js sdk) may be more convenient sometimes. Maybe we will add this handler later.

We are looking into iOS issue.

• We tested app exported as html5 website on iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.3/Safary. It works w/o problems.

Exported app: http://demoauthphoton.site44.com/c2-dem ... index.html

(we may remove the app in several days so link may become broken)

Maybe there are issues with dns on your device.

Or temporal Photon websocket server malfunction at times when you were testing.

• Thank you for your quick response.

I tested again, it appears that some network port /or possible firewall is blocking photon on some of the machines ( NameServer peer error 3001 followed by peer timeout 3004).

The finished app is being used in schools and they often their networks quite firmly locked down especially with regards to media (to prevent kids watching youtube all day)

What ports does photon need open?

I have found

doc.exitgames.com/en/realtime/cu ... rt-numbers

but want to know whats the minimum open port set required.

• bentwonk,

Thanks for feedback.

[quote:tl712fgf]I note there is a "joinRandomRoom no match found" event, could there also be an event for non random rooms, along the lines off "roomNotFound"

Errors other than "onJoinRandomRoomNoMatchFound" can be handled via Photon."On Error" event. Log Photon.ErrorCode and Photon.ErrorMessage to get an idea which codes are for which events. 32766 / "A game with the specified id already exist" is for creating room with existing name for instance.

I found if two players start at the same time (common when running two windows in construct), the first will start creating a room, which is recognized by the second player, but its not complete enough for the second to join (as this output log demonstrates)

Joined lobby

Room list recieved length 0

Creating Room: "TestRoom9871"

A game with the specified id already exist./32766

Joining Room: "TestRoom9871"

Game does not exist/32758 <--- player 2 left hanging

Added a second test case on the error for 32758 fixes this, eg:

Photon On Error

Photon.ErrorCode=32766 : Photon Joining room TestRoom9871

- or -

Photon.ErrorCode=32758 : Photon Joining room TestRoom9871

results in:

Joined lobby

Room list recieved length 0

Creating Room: "TestRoom9871"

A game with the specified id already exist./32766

Game does not exist/32758

Game does not exist/32758

On join room "TestRoom9871", my actorNr = 2 <-- player 2 joins

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)