[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • ThePhotons

I'm having issues connecting to Name Server.... Even the sample capx that came with the plugin gives this error...

Error Message is "Name Server Authentication Failed"

• cubits12x

Did you set AppId parameter in Photon object properties?

• Yes I did. I even had to delete the app, create a new one and copy the app ID from the Photon Dashboard. I've also enabled all the required firewall ports..... Still no luck

• ThePhotons Yes I did. I even had to delete the app, create a new one and copy the app ID from the Photon Dashboard. I've also enabled all the required firewall ports..... Still no luck

• cubits12x

Is your application type "realtime"? Can you try another app id?

If nothing helps, please send you app id with short problem description to developer@photonengine.com

• Why photon Chat cannot be used if I use minified script when exporting from Construct 2 to HTML5 Browser and NW.js ?

• Are there any tutorials available for Photon Chat itself? There are only two Photon tutorials on Scirra (both excellent but neither covers chat extensively).

The Demo's from ThePhotons included with the Photon plug-in just aren't helpful as they have no instructions/comments whatsoever. The demo-chat.capx doesn't seem to function at all, of course I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but without instructions how would I know?

I'm having real issue trying to do something as seemingly simple as having sent messages display the unique name of each user in the simplified chat room of this tutorial... https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5023/how-to-build-a-multiplayer-game-with-photon

Its frustrating because this is the type of thing that Constructs Multiplayer plug-in handles very simply, but without IOS support (where much of my client base is) I have to use Photon

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi guys,

I am developing a multiplayer game using last release of photon plugin 4.0.0.6.

the html5 version works perfectly on my site [you can try it here http://shoteam.altervista.org/mpBottle045/], but when i try to upload it for hosting on scirra arcade or kongregate Platform, the multiplayer functions does not work.

any ideas?

thx

• Figured the naming issue out...

Set name of local actor to ACTORNAMEVARIABLE

Set text to PhotonTest.ActorNameByNR(PhotonTest.ActorNR) & ": " & PhotonTest.EventData

Sure there's a better way but at least it works

• Are there any tutorials available for Photon Chat itself? There are only two Photon tutorials on Scirra (both excellent but neither covers chat extensively).

The Demo's from ThePhotons included with the Photon plug-in just aren't helpful as they have no instructions/comments whatsoever. The demo-chat.capx doesn't seem to function at all, of course I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but without instructions how would I know?

I'm having real issue trying to do something as seemingly simple as having sent messages display the unique name of each user in the simplified chat room of this tutorial... https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5023/how-to-build-a-multiplayer-game-with-photon

Its frustrating because this is the type of thing that Constructs Multiplayer plug-in handles very simply, but without IOS support (where much of my client base is) I have to use Photon

Hope I can help you with this

1. First you must set optional user id for the user unique name display

2. Subscribe the channel you want to (this action mean the user join to the roomchat)

3. Use publish message for send user typed text

4. Update your textbox for display the coming chat using "On Message in Channel" action, with

Textbox.text &PhotonChat.Sender& ": " &PhotonChat.Message &Newline[/code:1u85ctmg]
  • Thanks I figured out a way to do it using PhotonTest but I'll try with PhotonChat too, and see which is more efficient.

Appreciate you looking at that, cheers

• ThePhotons Thanks a ton! I re-installed my Construct and it worked like a charm.

• Thanks for explanation.

Christmas Please read Photon Chat intro: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/chat ... chat-intro

It describes how chat works and is applicable to for any Photon Chat SDK including Scirra.

• Why photon Chat cannot be used if I use minified script when exporting from Construct 2 to HTML5 Browser and NW.js ?

I updated Scirra SDK package. Minified export should work for chat applications.

Please do more detailed report next time. What does not work exactly and which errors do you have

• Hi guys,

I am developing a multiplayer game using last release of photon plugin 4.0.0.6.

the html5 version works perfectly on my site [you can try it here http://shoteam.altervista.org/mpBottle045/], but when i try to upload it for hosting on scirra arcade or kongregate Platform, the multiplayer functions does not work.

any ideas?

thx

Hi,

Can you please explain what "does not work" mean? Any errors, logs, other helpful info?

Do applications w/o Photon plugin work for you?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)