[Plugin] Metro/Windows 8

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi there,

The problem was the fact I did not have the <isTrial> to false.

• bjadams: Ah I see. The blog does indeed mention it but probably not in detail: You can use the menu in VS: Store->Create App Packages option and create a package.

The dialog will let you chose where you want your package to be created. You can send that folder to your designer and all they have to do is to run the Add-AppDevPackage script in that folder.

• that's what i did but there was no Add-AppDevPackage script in the latest VS2012 :)

if i remember well i right clicked on the package name and installed

• Hi there,

Im still having a little trouble getting the ads to work. I have noticed that <div id="fs"> is not where it is in the tutorial and      <div id="fb-root"></div> is there instead.

I feel like I am putting the code in the wrong place.

• mammoth:

Couple of things to check:

1) Are you setting "Fullscreen in browser" project property to "Letterbox scale"?

2) Have you recently installed Construct2's beta version after installing the plugin? If so, you need to reinstall the plugin. (C2's default options overwrites some of the plugin's code, hence the need to reinstall)

Let me know how it goes.

• Hi there,

Yes I have the full screen browser wet to letterbox scale as well as I have installed it after. Here is what my index.html looks like with the surrounding code.

<!-- WinJS references -->

<script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0/js/base.js"></script>

<script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0/js/ui.js"></script>

<!-- Microsoft Advertising required references -->

<script src="/MSAdvertisingJS/ads/ad.js"></script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<!-- The canvas must be inside a div called c2canvasdiv -->

<div id="MyAd" style="position: absolute; top: 53px; left: 0px; width: 250px; height: 250px; z-index: 1"

data-win-control="MicrosoftNSJS.Advertising.AdControl"

data-win-options="{applicationId: 'testclient', adUnitId: 'ADPT33'}">

</div>

<div id="c2canvasdiv">

<!-- The canvas the project will render to. If you change its ID, don't forget to change the

ID the runtime looks for in the jQuery events above (ready() and cr_sizeCanvas()). -->

<canvas id="c2canvas" width="720" height="480" oncontextmenu="return false;" onselectstart="return false;">

The browser appears to have HTML5 disabled. Try checking the compatibility settings.

</canvas>

</div>

<script src="jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>

• Hi there,

I got it to work but I added more refrences.

<!-- My_Ad_Funded_Windows8_JS_App references -->

<link href="/css/default.css" rel="stylesheet">

<script src="/js/default.js"></script>

<!-- Microsoft Advertising required references -->

<script src="/MSAdvertisingJS/ads/ad.js"></script>

I took it from here

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506343(v=msads.10).aspx

• iunkn I have a problem when downloading Metro Plugin r10 from here.

Please solve this.

Thank before :)

• kenli: The link works fine for me. What kind of problem are you facing?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • kenli: The link works fine for me. What kind of problem are you facing?

It seems my internet connection problem in my PC.

I have try internet connection in my mobile device and it works fine.

I'm sorry.

• bjadams, Here are the steps:

1. Go to Store-> Create App Packages

(Or for VS12 Pro Project->Store->Create App Packages)

2. Select "No" for building to the Win Store on the next window

3. Pick file location

4. Now if you want to install this app package, you'll have to find the file: "Add-AppDevPackage"

5. Right click on it and select Run with Powershell

6. Go through the prompts to install it which are self explanatory

• Thanks EyeHawk, that's the way I did it.

Old versions of VS2012 used to create an install batch file for you, this is no more now :(

• Hi iunkn,

I have been using your plugin with no problems, until recently when I tried out a new project. I used exactly the same method as the last 2 but it comes up with this error when I try to preview it in VS:

Unhandled exception at line 317, column 254 in ms-appx://e290a0ad-2288-4897-b4ad-abea770ee896/c2runtime.js

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'Nr'

Highlighting this line:

(new Windows.UI.Popups.MessageDialog("Note: this Windows 8 app is in Test Mode, designed for testing purchases. Before publishing, be sure to set Test Mode to 'No' in the Windows 8 object's properties.")).Nr();window.addEventListener("resize",function(){a.dl=

Do you have any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it? Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, figured it out. I hadn't minified the script upon export, although I hadn't done that with previous versions either, and they never had a window appear warning I was in test mode either. Ah well, so long as it works! And thanks, this is really a great plugin :)

• Tobye: Thanks! Glad it is useful.

The test message dialog i think is added by Construct2. I did not add that as a part of the plugin.

Also, are you saying you have to turn mimify ON to make things work?

• iunkn no, I had to turn it OFF. However my first two test projects worked fine with the minify ON and the test message does not appear for them. No idea why!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)