[Plugin] Metro/Windows 8

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • bjadams and everyone,

The plugin now has support for Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Inclinometer and Light sensor.

I don't have a plan to support Geolocation sensors since I am not sure why we would need it for a game. But if you can explain a requirement for Geolocation, I will be glad to add it!

• Some games present the area/levels selection screen as a map of the world. If you could get the geolocation of the player you could customise the game more by making him start in his own country!

I would say that if its not hard to implement I would put it in!

I am going to test the new version of the plugin!!!

• iunkn tested the new version of the plugin, and it works FANTASTIC!

Most probably this is the most useful C2 plugin I came across! Lots of ? ? ? your way!

If I tilt my device in front of me I get Acceleration Y & Angular Veclocity X reading.

If I tilt my device left and right I get Acceleration X & Angular Veclocity Y reading.

If I rotate my device around me I get Acceleration Z & Angular Veclocity Z reading.

Is it normal to get a combination of Acceletometer and Gyrometer over X and Y? Shouldn't they pair up X and X?

I still have to check out what the Inclinometer values are!

• bjadams and everyone,

The plugin now has support for Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Inclinometer and Light sensor.

I don't have a plan to support Geolocation sensors since I am not sure why we would need it for a game. But if you can explain a requirement for Geolocation, I will be glad to add it!

Wow, thanks iunkn for the update.

Just try it now ^^

• Other uses for geolocation, could be to connect to a weather service and check if there is wind or rain in the area at the moment, and with a layer of weather in a sidescrolling game. also the background could change to mountains or sea, depending on the location. There are 1000 uses to customise and give the game an edge

• bjadams:

While the scenarios you pointed for Geolocation sound interesting, the issue that I have is that from within Construct 2 the usage of custom programming like maps/ accessing a weather service is not possible without another plugin. The implementation is straight forward though. Let's see!

wrt Inclinometer, you might want to read up on blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/01/24/supporting-sensors-in-windows-8.aspx. Accelerometer and Gyrometer are raw sensors while Inclinometer gives a better solution! Let me know how Pitch, Roll and Yaw work. I think for casual games like the ones we write with Construct 2 Inclinometer will be perfect.

• Yes I am just testing what each of the parameters do right now as I am new to this too

• This may be a silly question, but the preview doesn't work. It says there is a javascript error. Is this supposed to happen?

• mammoth:

If you have the plugin's Enabled property True and preview it in browser, you might get the JS error.

Only when you want to export to Win8, set the Enabled property to True. At other times keep it False.

• Added a blog post on testing with VS2012.

My favorite feature being the wireless deployment to a remote machine (say Surface RT) from my dev machine.

• I know that this has nothing to do with the plugin, but maybe can you share your experiences how to side load windows8 metro apps on another machine once you compile and build from VS2012? maybe it could be an interesting post for your blog.

i tried it once (on the same pc though)c but i don't know if i am doing it the right way

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi there, Im getting a couple of errors in visual studio.

For in app purchases the test XML file is not loading so the quick fix would be to load it manually. Here is the error message.

Failed purchasing feature BuyGame after invoking self.currentApp.requestProductPurchaseAsync

Also I have tried to follow your advertising steps to a T and I do not see a test ad show up.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong.

• I know that this has nothing to do with the plugin, but maybe can you share your experiences how to side load windows8 metro apps on another machine once you compile and build from VS2012? maybe it could be an interesting post for your blog.

i tried it once (on the same pc though)c but i don't know if i am doing it the right way

bjadams: I thought that is what I did with the latest post. I had explained how you can do it in the local and remote machines. Let me know if it does not clarify your questions.

• Hi there, Im getting a couple of errors in visual studio.

For in app purchases the test XML file is not loading so the quick fix would be to load it manually. Here is the error message.

Failed purchasing feature BuyGame after invoking self.currentApp.requestProductPurchaseAsync

Also I have tried to follow your advertising steps to a T and I do not see a test ad show up.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong.

If the inapppurchases test xml is not loading, something else is wrong. I would recommend reinstalling the plugin and giving it a try.

You might have already done this, but did you make sure to change the featureid "BuyGame" in the test xml and all the places in your game? Also did you complete the purchase dialog with S_OK?

• iunkn i want to compile and send the app to the artist so he can test it on HIS windows machine :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)