[plugin] JSON (import/export/generate/edit/inspect/...)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Yann is still supporting this plugin? I know rexrainbow is hesitant about supporting his rex-hash. We might try to migrate to your plugin for all of our JSON stuff pending testing it.

I had added Rex hash plugin back already.

http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_hash.html

And a Rex hash behavior

http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_bhash.html

Btw, here is another plugin to help user to create Json data structure

http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_json_buider.html

• Oh good. I did not want to have to change our client-side JSON library so late in the development.

• gumshoe2029 I'm supporting it for the time being as far as bug fixes go, but as far as adding new feature I'm less inclined to do it to avoid increasing the bug fix support load (don't have that much time) and also, since it's already not that user friendly, I prefer keeping it simple.

if you have any issue, report it on github, it's easier for me to keep track of it over there.

• gumshoe2029 I'm supporting it for the time being as far as bug fixes go, but as far as adding new feature I'm less inclined to do it to avoid increasing the bug fix support load (don't have that much time) and also, since it's already not that user friendly, I prefer keeping it simple.

if you have any issue, report it on github, it's easier for me to keep track of it over there.

Oh I hear you there. I keep singing my 99 bugs on the wall song.

• Thanks for sharing!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Im still confused, but really Im sorry.

simply how to get the Set text for min_health value from enemny_name:"GoldDolphin" ?

{"response":[{"id":"1","enemy_name":"GoldDolphin","min_health":"300","max_health":"2000","min_spawn":"2","max_spawn":"5"},{"id":"2","enemy_name":"RedShell","min_health":"500","max_health":"3000","min_spawn":"5","max_spawn":"10"}]}

• Im still confused, but really Im sorry.

simply how to get the Set text for min_health value from enemny_name:"GoldDolphin" ?

{"response":[{"id":"1","enemy_name":"GoldDolphin","min_health":"300","max_health":"2000","min_spawn":"2","max_spawn":"5"},{"id":"2","enemy_name":"RedShell","min_health":"500","max_health":"3000","min_spawn":"5","max_spawn":"10"}]}

solved this, found on the page 12, post by locohost

txtMin_Health > Set text to > "-min_health: "&JSON.Value(0,"response",0,"min_health")

Thanks.

• I get an error (Parse Error) whenever I try to parse some JSON data starting with two tildas in a row (~~). Is that normal?

Example of such data:

{"total": 1380, "posts": [{"text": "~~"}]}[/code:21tu1wb4]
  • grigrizljac

yup, it's because I'm using CircularJSON so you can import/export complex datastructure.

There's still no way to change the special reference character (~) for another one or escape it, sorry.

• It's been awhile since I've used this so I don't remember how to retrieve a value from an array using JSON.Value(0,"Wizard")

Where Wizard had the array.

• In case anyone was wondering its: JSON.AsJson(0,"Wizard",index,"key")

Interestingly enough you can do a for each on an internal array.

• Any plans for this plugin to be supported in Construct 3?

• Thank you! Great addition to C2!

• Any plans for this plugin to be supported in Construct 3?

I summon the great Yann for one more battle against code and syntax.

All out of virgins however.

• Fervir and great newt

dunno, I don't think I'll be using construct3 that much, not really using construct2 that much either, these days my tool of choice for game is unity.

so I'm not overly motivated in doing a port. Maybe if one day I'm bored and curious about the changes they made in the plugin API.

In any case, as long as the API isn't stable (like, you know, they planned changes for the runtime, so things like trigger might not work exactly the same... I dunno... ), I probably won't do anything.

Also, well, I won't critic how scirra manage their products, but since they still lock some important feature in the free version (families, creating JSON files, and, it seems, using their awesome brand new stuff like array and dictionary editor,...) I'm not sure I'll be able to properly test the plugin, like if you have a family of JSON plugin object, will it still work? I know that for this specific plugin, using families could be a bit weird, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't test this case.

(it's really weird that even in beta you can't access those, but meh... I'm busy not making games anyway \o\)

Well anyway, the short answer is, don't count on it... but maybe.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)