[PLUGIN] Dropbox

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Seems interesting. Just a question. Can it be used to save game online?

thank you (:

• Hi Savvy001,

The dropbox image example link is not working...could you please re-upload the capx?

thanks,

Ravindra

• Is this plugin working now? I created an App on my dropbox account using the instructions septeven has mentioned. But all I get is a blank when I run C2, from my testfile.txt present in dropbox folder, though it has content in it. If someone can provide a example capx it will be very helpful. Thank you

• kmsravindra

As I told you by pm, I need you provide me a capx.

Thx

• Hi Septeven, Problem solved...Thank you. Somehow there was a problem for sometime and after a while it started working...I am not sure what the reason was! I too was surprised.

• Septeven, I have built an App using the dropbox plugin, however when I try to run this App from a 3rd party site, then it throws an error in chrome browser saying -

Refused to display 'https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth/authorize?oauth_callback=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.�s%2Findex.php%23%3F_dropboxjs_scope%3Ddefault&oauth_token=********' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

Any idea how I can get around this? It will be very helpful for me as I have almost built the entire application using the plugin and now this error will not make me upload my App to this site for all the work that I have done. Please help. Thanks a lot.

• Hi Septeven, I think if there is a way to do the Dropbox OAuth flow within an iframe, probably that could solve the problem. Do you think that is possible to modify in the plugin?

Thank you.

• OR even if the dropbox OAuth page opens in a new tab of the browser, the problem could be solved, in my opinion. The problem is happening because the dropbox OAuth is trying to load in the same page as the App. Any clue as to what can be done to open the dropbox authorization page in a new tab of the browser?

• kmsravindra

I'm working on a project which gonna help me to keep my plugins (and re-code for some of them) - till I done this, I don't take the time to modify them.

But FYI, working of the OAuth method is on my priority on this plugin.

Anyway, about your 1st message, it sounds like a security problem, which kind of 3rd party site is?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Septeven,

I am doing a Flashcards Application that will be hosted on my Webserver but the app will be accessed by students/teachers on an Educational App site (this is what I called 3rd party, i meant that which is not mine). I have designed the App to use dropbox plugin and got an approval from dropbox as well. So there is no security issue with the site as such because I have seen similar Apps running on this site which open the cloud storage access like googledrive, dropbox etc., in a separate new window. But in our case, the dropbox plugin tries to open the dropbox access page in the same page as the App ( and this App is running in a iframe api given by the Educational site). I think that is where I am totally struck now...Any tiny piece of code or Quick fix that will help to open the dropbox access page in a new browser window will be immensely helpful...Request you to please suggest or if possible do this change if its a small one at the earliest. I really appreciate the help.

I am also thinking if there is a way to use the C2 inbuilt browser object to open a new window and somehow access the dropbox OAuth from that and upon being successful, the C2 App will start? Is that a possibility? Please suggest any other quick fix that you might be aware of.

Thank you.

• Hi!

Magnificent plugin ...

I'm trying to play an audio file that is in dropbox, but I'm not able to get ...

I would appreciate a little help ...

With a phenomenal .... text will also work with images?

thanks

• Any chance to integrate this plugin with the DataStore API? https://www.dropbox.com/developers/datastore

It's perfect for construct and automatic saves.

• Real nifty stuff septeven

• Keyo

It´s on my todo list

• Hi septeven

Very nice plugin, but... maybe I'm the dumb, but I can only see the "get" properties and not the set ones... that is, I'd like to create a file and write on it, if possible, with something like setfilecontent.

Otherwise, could it be possible to have something like getPath? In this way I could create and edit the file with NodeWebKit and then put in the dropbox path...

Edit: another thing I cannot explain... when I try the app on the pc it asks me for authorization and, after having received affermative answer, it goes back to the app; when I try it onto the smartphone, when I give the agreement for authorization it goes to the dropbox folder instead of going back to the app...

Thanks in advance

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)