[Plugin]Board, Layout2Board [Behavior] Grid Move

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • rexrainbow - i was attemping to try out this example file you have

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7 ... ile%2ccapx

but it doesn't seem to be working even with the latest updated plugins. do you know what's wrong?

• justifun

Try dragging from chess to the neighbor tile one by one, tiles will be marked to yellow color, then release touch (mouse). Chess will move along yellow tiles.

• How can I get logic distance (range) between two chess?

• Hi. Your hex plugin isn't working properly. It leaves open space inbetween tiles vertically.

Here:

http://imgur.com/a/fy9SF

Although I solved it (hopefuly without consequences) by setting HexTx width to 64 and height to 48.

And I have a question. I tried picking a tile by using "Chess.LX, Chess.LY" but it didn't work. How can I create a tile on top of another tile, where my chess object is currently standing?

• bangoo

Expression:LogicDistance(uid_A, uid_B)

(board plugin)

• Turaco

Which sample is not correct?

User needs to set properties of rex_hexTx plugin to place tiles at right place, these configurations are depend on the shape of tile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi rexrainbow

is it possible to get the width / height of a Miniboard? The same as for the normal board?

Miniboard.BoardHeight

Miniboard.BoardWidth

is not available.

Thank you!

• Update

rex_miniboard plugin

• Add Expression:MaxLX , Expression:MaxLY, Expression:MinLX, Expression:MinLY

AndreasR

Current board width = (Expression:MaxLX - Expression:MinLX) + 1

Current board height = (Expression:MaxLY - Expression:MnLY) + 1

But miniboard does not have configurations to set board width or board height, i.e. miniboard does not have boundaries.

Main board (rex_board) has Width and Height properties, and they are also the boundaries of board.

• Update

rex_miniboard plugin

- Add Expression:MaxLX , Expression:MaxLY, Expression:MinLX, Expression:MinLY

AndreasR

Current board width = (Expression:MaxLX - Expression:MinLX) + 1

Current board height = (Expression:MaxLY - Expression:MnLY) + 1

But miniboard does not have configurations to set board width or board height, i.e. miniboard does not have boundaries.

Main board (rex_board) has Width and Height properties, and they are also the boundaries of board.

Hi rexrainbow

thank you very much for your fast help!

Just another question.

I have a board (isometric) and I let fly a minibord down from above.

The player needs to break out the chess's so the minimap fits into it.

However even if I break out all chess, it says "put rejected".

When I drag it, it works fine.

Is there a way to use the "Miniboard Touch" behavior to simulate a drop which needs no user input?

Or have you another solution for this?

• AndreasR

Could you please providing a very simple capx for this case, which only has putting action?

• AndreasR

Could you please providing a very simple capx for this case, which only has putting action?

Hi,

sure. Here you go:

https://shatter-box.com/wp-content/uplo ... xample.zip

Just press "Space" to generate a formation. This formation will remove all needed tiles automatically (for debug).

The miniboard comes down and will be put on the main board when the position is exactly the same.

However the put gets rejected.

So I activate the "Touch Ctrl" for Miniboard behavior. So just click on it, and the put will be accepted.

Let me know if you need something else.

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR

I didn't dig events deeply. But it seems that miniboard could be put at LXY = (1,1) after dropped.

Thus I modified 1st action in event 15 which put miniboard at mainboard

• set LXY to (1,1)

: not (0, 0)

• set test mode to "Empty"

: "Putable" will test by "Condition:On put-able request" (section: Put-able testing)

• Hi Rex,

thanks for your investigation. This works for me

I guess it is -1,-1 and if I set an offset by 0, -1,-1 remains. Otherwise using 1 as offset, it will put the miniboard at 0,0 I guess

Thank you!

Regards

Andy

• Hi Rex.

In the example about board plugin(like “square board - slg movemnt”),there is no event ”Board ▏ set layout to squareTx " ,at first it confuse me ,i can't reproduce your example without this line,later, i add the line code ,and "in your example ,why you can show the magic without the event" confuse me again.

hoping for killing the confuse.

• mobileshadow

Board plugin will pick the first layout object (squareTx, or hexTx) if no "Action:Setup layout" before using it.

Thus, user does not need to put "Action:Setup layout" if there is only one layout object in project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)