[Behavior] Pin+

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • tonypond , I can't open it since I don't have those plugins installed. But based on the gif, it looks like you are pinning objects to other objects that are also pinned. When you pin an object to another pinned object, you get a delay in the movement- This is a known limitation of how construct2 manages instances. The way to solve it is to only pin your objects to other objects that aren't pinned.

Another possibility is that you're pinning to an object that is using a behavior that causes delays.

• tonypond , I can't open it since I don't have those plugins installed. But based on the gif, it looks like you are pinning objects to other objects that are also pinned. When you pin an object to another pinned object, you get a delay in the movement- This is a known limitation of how construct2 manages instances. The way to solve it is to only pin your objects to other objects that aren't pinned.

Another possibility is that you're pinning to an object that is using a behavior that causes delays.

Thank you Prominent, you are right, i had hands pinned to arms. while arms were pinned to upper body, thank you for your reply, appreciated it. i will disable position pin and add every tick maybe.

• Prominent Hey, nice plugin. How does relative pinning works? Also, a lot of the times I want to reposition pinned objects when pinned too object is on screen, like shadow of a jumping charakter. for example, to be re positioned only on y axis, and so on. Is this possible in your plugin, or could you maybe add code that would allow to reposition object by setting its position trough action, without need to unpin and then pinning it again? Cheers

• megatronx , Hi, sorry I've been away from Construct for a few months so I haven't seen your post until now..

It has been a while since I touched the plugin. I think relative pinning pins the object relative to the current offset (it keeps the x,y distances) ..I haven't double checked that though.

That is also a good suggestion for being able to reposition the pin! I'll look into adding that when I get some time. I'm slowly getting back into C2 dev stuff.

• very great work bro

• Prominent Really useful plugin. Thank you! Can you add a relative X and Y pinning option? Right now, using the relative scale changes objects' location.

• Prominent Really useful plugin. Thank you! Can you add a relative X and Y pinning option? Right now, when using the relative scale, objects changing their location.

Thanks! So if I understand correctly, if an object is pinned to another object that changes scale(width/height), you want the pinned location to stretch with it?

I'll see what I can do.

• Prominent Exactly, thank you!

• This plugin is amazing, thank you!

I only wish I discovered it earlier, it would have saved me many hours of work.

• bilgekaan , I've added a link to new version (r8). If you set the X and Y to "Enable 3", it will position the pin points relative to the scale.

I've also fixed a bug with flipping.

I've also noticed that when mirroring/flipping, it doesn't mirror/flip the object's angle, so I'm thinking of a way to add that option.

Haven't got around to implementing the repositioning pin actions either.

This plugin is amazing, thank you!

I only wish I discovered it earlier, it would have saved me many hours of work.

no problem! glad it is useful.

• I have a lot of objects in a family.

I Pin ObjectA to ObjectB and it works.

If I switch the Pin to Pin+ it doesn't work.

Do I have to set it up a specific way or does it not work with families?

• It should work fine with families. Can you provide example file of the issue?

• I have a lot of objects in a family.

I Pin ObjectA to ObjectB and it works.

If I switch the Pin to Pin+ it doesn't work.

Do I have to set it up a specific way or does it not work with families?

Have you enabled x and y pinning in the pin+ properties?

• Yea that is what was happening. I didn't know I had to enable it.

I thought Pin+ to Object (Position) was that, I understand why it is there, It enables X and/or Y.

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Has Pin+ been ported to C3 yet?

If not is there something similar that exists on C2 and C3?

I have a project that uses Pin+ Visible and Opacity a bit heavily.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)