[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • thehen I keep getting this error:

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.ni.dll but was not handled in user code

And this highlighed green: Stream stream = TitleContainer.OpenStream(file);

I already check everything multiple times, made sure that WindowsPhoneExample/media/ is there and contains correct WAV files. (music.wav & sound.wav)

and replaced original files with the files that are in Extra Files folder.

The back function works perfect, but the sound and music doesn't work.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you

Stan

• Dgsstan if you can pm me a link to the exported project I'll take a look.

• thehen yes here is the link: dropbox.com/s/06xb4i23us3l506/WindowsPhonePlugin.rar

Thanks

Stan

• Dgsstan you need to add the media folder to the solution. From the description:

"Visual Studio will open up and you should see the solution explorer on the right. One of the icons at the top is called �Show all files�, make sure that is selected. Right click on the media folder and select �include in project�."

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thehen Thank you :D that worked.

• Hi thehen! We talked briefly in my thread about the Windows Phone 8 accelerometer. Adding this functionality would be a huge, huge help.

Thanks!

• thehen Hi Henry, I ran in to another problem been trying to figure it out for few days now, when I add music the the game everything works well, BUT as soon as I add SFX, VS Breaks, and I get following message:

"An exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.ni.dll but was not handled in user code"

What am i doing wrong? everything is just like in the Plugin sample, I took few screenshots as well:

i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/DGS_Stan/VS_break_zpsa796d964.png

i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/DGS_Stan/VS_sfx_zpsb4843c16.png

When I disabled sfx and left just the music everything worked perfectly.

What did i miss?

Thank you

Stan

• Dgsstan blast it looks like my volume code isn't bulletproof. I'm away for a couple of weeks, but a workaround should be to ensure that your db range is between -100 and 100. I'll fix this the second I get back.

Panacea I'll try and include this in the next update too.

• Thank you for your plugin! But it did not work for me :( I even ran your example but nothing happened. I did everything according to instructions. Any of functions does not work :(

Can you help me?

• PM me the exported Windows Phone build and I'll take a look. Thanks :)

• I have Windows 8 phone dev program but i haven't developed anything for Windows 8 phone.

Im still unaware about windows 8 phone development because i have no windows 8 phone.

So, is simulator worth to develop, test and launch to market without windows 8 phone real device?

• Joannesalfa there is an emulator that is included with Visual Studio for Windows Phone. It won't be a good indicator of performance however and things like multi-touch or accelerometer won't be reproducible.

• Joannesalfa there is an emulator that is included with Visual Studio for Windows Phone. It won't be a good indicator of performance however and things like multi-touch or accelerometer won't be reproducible.

I have iPod and Android Tablet, do they have same capabilities to windows phone device?

• I've found my Nokia 820 to have roughly the same performance with C2 games as the iPhone 4S. I don't think accelerometer works but it's on our todo for the plugin.

• thehen thanks for the awesome work on this plugin. Eagerly waiting for the accelerometer and loop sound controls :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)