[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Please patch Photon plugin runtime.js file . Find ["EU", "US", "Asia", "JP"] array and add "AU" there.

We will add the fix in next update.

EDIT:

Also "EU|US|Asia|JP" string in edittime.js needs to be changed to "EU|US|Asia|JP|AU";

• ThePhotons

can i set the Region on game run?

player can choose different region on game title setting.

thank a lot.

• Region change in runtime is not supported currently. Added this feature to TODO list.

• ThePhotons: hi, the client said everything works even though I didn't do any changes to the game. It's weird but I think the problem is between my client's connection to the internet, or to the Master Server.

I have a question though: when does the "On join lobby" triggered?

because when I play the game and load layout A, the "On join lobby" on layout A triggered, and I can join a room in layout A (it's a chat)

but then I leave the chat room, leave layout A, go to layout B (haven't join a room), then go to layout C (still not join a room), and then go back to layout A. And here, I realized that the "On join lobby" wasn't triggered, so I can't enter chat room.

does it get triggered when the game first played or when the player leave a room? (or both?)

cheers,

• Is there a way to force disconnect users by ID from the servers? Like for administrative purposes?

• Photon client api does not allows such thing.

If you use Photon Server you can forcibly disconnect users in server-side code.

• I have a question though: when does the "On join lobby" triggered?

does it get triggered when the game first played or when the player leave a room? (or both?)

"On join lobby" is triggered when client successfully connects master server. This happens after initial connect and after leaving a room.

Check Photon's 'StateString' expression to get an idea where client currently is. "On join lobby" should be triggered when client gets in "JoinedLobby" state.

• ThePhotons

Does this plugin work with the recently announced XB1 support?

*EDIT: It seems to work just fine on XB1. Very exciting!

Are you planning on adding room filters and a direct way to retrieve a room list to the C2 plugin? Those would be useful features.

I get an error right now what I'm trying to retrieve a list of all of the available room names:

I've also tried using events to send strings to start movement instead of X/Y position, hoping to reduce the number of events I'm sending to Photon, but it doesn't seem to be triggering on other peers. Any advice on this?

And if you're still looking for features to add, it would be really nice to name events instead of just number them. So, instead of "on event 1," it could be something like "on event 'userinput'." It would help to keep track of what's doing what more clearly.

• 1.Random matchmaking is in our todo list but I don't know when exactly it will implemented.

2. Please find room list handling sample in demo-test. Looks like you iterate extra room. Use Photon.RoomCount - 1 as upper bound.

3. You do not need to send strings or any other payload. Assign different event numbers to each key.

Event behavior is not affected by payload type. This is hardly possible that same event works with coordinates but fails with string. Please search for errors in browser console log and let me know if something useful is there.

4. Photon events are identified by numbers. In conventional languages constants or enums are used for such things as event codes. If you know C2's equivalent for constants, feel free to use it.

• 1.Random matchmaking is in our todo list but I don't know when exactly it will implemented.

2. Please find room list handling sample in demo-test. Looks like you iterate extra room. Use Photon.RoomCount - 1 as upper bound.

3. You do not need to send strings or any other payload. Assign different event numbers to each key.

Event behavior is not affected by payload type. This is hardly possible that same event works with coordinates but fails with string. Please search for errors in browser console log and let me know if something useful is there.

4. Photon events are identified by numbers. In conventional languages constants or enums are used for such things as event codes. If you know C2's equivalent for constants, feel free to use it.

1. I wasn't looking for random matchmaking, but a way to only return rooms which meet certain criteria like game mode, a specific stage, etc. Does that make sense?

2. I'll take a look, thanks, though I don't remember there being much detail on retrieving the room list at last glance.

3. By "string" I mean sending, say, "left" to trigger an action in C2 as opposed to sending X/Y value. But I think I figured it out, and it was an issue on my end.

4. Makes sense, it's just that being able to name a Photon event instead of numbering them would be easier to keep track of.

• I've created what I think is an awesome multiplayer game using this plugin (and it runs extremely well!).. Now onto the next step (and it's a big hurdle)..

Anyone have any idea about the process in creating an "mmo" style game using Photon that is equipped with account registration/login and a database to store/load user information?

1. Would we need to run a Photon Server (Self-Hosted) - instead of going the Cloud route?

2. If so, how do we get that up and running: I've followed the quick start guide but no luck connecting via my C2 app: http://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtime ... uick-start

I know this is a big request but would someone be willing to write a tutorial on this subject - it's a bit more complex, and may be out of the scope of this topic, but I know that it would be extremely useful for myself and anyone else working on a multiplayer game (would pay!).

ThePhotons this may be of interest to you and your team, because to gain any real traction from the "average" Construct 2 user it would be great to have an end-to-end solution.

Any help at all is appreciated - I've really been at odds with this for the past few days, but I'll continue reading more about Photon in the mean time and share what I find out.

• 1. I wasn't looking for random matchmaking, but a way to only return rooms which meet certain criteria like game mode, a specific stage, etc. Does that make sense?

You can iterate over room list and check criteria on each item. Photon does not provide filtering for room list request.

It does so only when "join random room" operation invoked (not implemented in plugin yet as I said)

• >

> 1. I wasn't looking for random matchmaking, but a way to only return rooms which meet certain criteria like game mode, a specific stage, etc. Does that make sense?

>

>

You can iterate over room list and check criteria on each item. Photon does not provide filtering for room list request.

It does so only when "join random room" operation invoked (not implemented in plugin yet as I said)

I see. Thanks for the head's up. Any idea when such functionality will be added to the plugin?

• N
  • digitalsoapbox don't hope for any kind of features for this plugin any time soon ...if ever.

If you look through this thread you'll find that this plugin only got 1 single feature update back in March 2015, one month after release.

Either you can pull off what you have in mind with the functionality already provided or you look for an alternative, like the official MP plugin.

A good thing is they at least keep providing bugfixes if something breaks.

I have the strong feeling that unity is their main focus and they dont pay much attention to the construct2 community.

It would be really nice from the photon guys to just say that they dont plan on adding features to this plugin and

dont keep saying "not implemented in the plugin YET" these are just delaying tactics and a huge waste of time for everybody.

But that's just my opinion and i could be wrong. Time will tell i guess

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • digitalsoapbox don't hope for any kind of features for this plugin any time soon ...if ever.

If you look through this thread you'll find that this plugin only got 1 single feature update back in March 2015, one month after release.

Either you can pull off what you have in mind with the functionality already provided or you look for an alternative, like the official MP plugin.

A good thing is they at least keep providing bugfixes if something breaks.

I have the strong feeling that unity is their main focus and they dont pay much attention to the construct2 community.

It would be really nice from the photon guys to just say that they dont plan on adding features to this plugin and

dont keep saying "not implemented in the plugin YET" these are just delaying tactics and a huge waste of time for everybody.

But that's just my opinion and i could be wrong. Time will tell i guess

I don't really have any issues with their responses so far. Sadly the native multiplayer isn't fully cross-platform - no console support - which Photon is and that's what I need. I'm sure it'll all work out just fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)