[PLUGIN] Import (Previously "CSS Import")

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • McKack how did you make this 'style.css' files?

• delgado I wrote it in Sublime Text 3. In other words, any text editor you prefer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please investigate the CSS Import download link or site as a possibly hijacked because it attempted to install malware on my computer from a site call Just Hook Up. A tutorial by istavang was recently posted which require the CSS Import. The link needs to be fixed or moved to another site because having third party crap installed on my computer is not something I care to deal with. My ESET security software flag the download site as being on a not trusted list and they were right to warn me. The site cannot be trusted and you may want to move the file to a safe site for downloading.

I would hope that as a member of the C2 community that I need not fear being sent to download sites that immediately installs malware when I simply need an addon. The site link may have been safe in the past buy seeing a large graphic displaying information about Asian women and then having Just Hook Up software malware try to install tells me that something went wrong.

• * edit, oops i answered question from first page by mistake

You could use the Input plugin, but it only allows importing one css file atm .

• CSS Import

1.0 - January 18th 2013

Background

I thought I'd share this plugin I made for some personal projects. It's somewhat redundant since most objects support CSS natively but it can be helpful if you want a more global approach to styling things. Also very handy since you can do CSS in preview/realtime.

Usage

The primary method of importing a CSS is automatically doing so by including it in your project and defining the name of the CSS file in the plugin properties.

The alternative method is including it in your project, then using the Import CSS file action through an event whenever you like.

Just remember to remove any CSS files that share styles (if using multiple CSS files) to avoid any conflicts.

P.S. There's built-in protection from accidentally importing the same CSS file several times.

Preview

Downloads

Plugin: css_import.zip

Example: css_import.capx

Credits/Disclaimer

The plugin was basically Frankenstein'd from Pode's HTML Div plugin (because it contained CSS stuff) + code scavenged from the web. So credits to Pode and this site specifically for making this possible.

I have no real coding skills and don't think I'd be able to make a plugin from scratch Now, this also means I can't guarantee it working flawlessly. I've only tested it in Chrome on Windows 7, so if it breaks down and blows up your computer, I warned you!

Enjoy!McKack2013-04-27 01:37:13

something wrong with your download link ?? is it hijaked or something ?

• istavang

Sorry about all this. It would appear solidfiles have turned to dubious methods of earning money. The big green download button leads to some shady downloader/installer while the tiny link underneath it is the clean file as far as I can tell. Either way, I've replaced the links with safe ones.

I'll never be using solidfiles again!

• istavang

Sorry about all this. It would appear solidfiles have turned to dubious methods of earning money. The big green download button leads to some shady downloader/installer while the tiny link underneath it is the clean file as far as I can tell. Either way, I've replaced the links with safe ones.

I'll never be using solidfiles again!

thanks , coz u have a awsome plugin there

• Does anyone know if it's possible to modify an Sprite using css?

Thanks!

McKack

• Does anyone know if it's possible to modify an Sprite using css?

Thanks!

McKack

Not as far as I know.

I believe Ashley once said the text object can't be styled with CSS because it is rendered differently from control objects, and I assume that might be the case with sprites as well.

What do you want to do to the sprite, by the way?

• CSS only styles DOM elements, and everything apart from the form controls is rendered directly in to a canvas so doesn't have its own DOM element, and therefore cannot be styled by CSS. That's a good thing, because DOM has a big performance overhead, so everything's way faster this way. You still have WebGL shaders which can do a lot though!

• There you have it.

Thanks for the quick explanation, Ashley!

• can you like use bootstrap css here? lel

• This helped a lot!

I used it to change the place-holder color of my forums, worked perfectly.

• Can we use bootstrap css? XD

• McKack

your CSS loader it seems to have a delay before the buttons update there CSS

if you can, may you fix it please

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)