[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Jackie chang

Documents of each plugin, and here is a tutorial made by

• Thank you, you have a Facebook page or a twitter account or I can follow you?

• Jackie chang

I had, but I did not post news on these platforms. You could join my discord channel for instead.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • rexrainbow

Hi rex, I'm just starting to try your itemtable plugins, but don't quite understand how to begin with. I've tried some of your samples but got this error instead:

Javascript error!
    Uncaught Error: No Firebase App '[DEFAULT]' has been created - call Firebase App.initializeApp().http://localhost:50000/firebase.js, line 26 (col 293)[/code:35ztt4sm]
    What am I doing wrong?
  • tmntppn

Do you put rex_firebase_apiV3 plugin into project? sample capx

• tmntppn

Do you put rex_firebase_apiV3 plugin into project? sample capx

Yes, I did. The "basic" firebase plugin works just fine. The sample above works, but others from that OneDrive page (such as "itemtable v3 - foreach item, foreach key.capx") doesn't work.

EDIT: It turns out the itemtable doesn't work because I didn't set the API key. After I set the key, it works. However, without the key, the basic firebase plugins works (that's why I didn't suspect it before seeing your sample above). What does this API key for?

• tmntppn

I guess that you might run the older version of firebase, which does not have api key. i.e. api key is necessary in current version (v3).

• tmntppn

I guess that you might run the older version of firebase, which does not have api key. i.e. api key is necessary in current version (v3).

I already use firebase_apiV3, but I usually just set the database URL and leave the rest blank.

• tmntppn

Firebase initialize only has been invoked when api key is not "", otherwise user should call "action:Initialize" before other firebase actions.

• Ah okay, I get it now. Thanks.

• Hi!

Never had business with databases, so I really need your help.

I post names and scores using rex_firebase_leaderboard plugin.

Ho can I request top 10 results from leaderboard db and show each of them separately?

• fens

All sample capx files are listed in document, if they are still not enough, post your request in this thread

• Now it works perfect

Thank so much! Thank you for plugins and for help! You're doing unbelievably cool work.

• Hi rexrainbow, how can I detect player's progress using rex_firebase_savedata plugin?

I want my game to check if the current slot is empty after authenticating with Facebook (on the loading screen, not loader layout). If the slot is empty, bring the player to the first run tutorial, otherwise go to the menu instead.

But the Save Slot plugin doesn't seem to have some kind of action like "Check if slot empty" or something, so how can I implement the above technique?

P/S: It seems that I can't download files from OneDrive as my internet connection is crappy (the file page loads but the Download button won't responds). Can you upload the samples on GitHub or somewhere else...

• Tetriser

ACE table

Try "Condition:Empty ", which returns true if all slots are unused. Call it after load headers from server.

Or "Condition:Is occupied " to test if a slot is occupied or not.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)