[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • newt

I did not try to use intel XDK or cocoon.io for my plugins, sorry I have no idea.

You might check this post

[quote:q16ye2an]you have to add "In App Browser Plugin" to make it work. You may find "In App Browser Plugin" from Cranberrygames's work.

It should work for WebView(+) on CocoonIO and Intel XDK (install the inapp browser plugin), however it will not work with CocoonIO's canvas+ engine due to the fact that Canvas+ do not support SSL Websockets.

Hopefully Ludei will make a Firebase Plugin for Construct 2

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR

I can't release my game because i need firebase and canvas+. Webview+ has poor optimization. I hope they'll make it soon.

• Seems like the inapp browser plugin gets added automatically with the C2 cordova export xdk file.

• Hi Rexrainbow

To create a turnbased 2player multiplayer with firebase. (With rooms)

Which plugins should i use?

Is there a example capx?

• Savvy001

Uh, I don't have fully example for turnbased (rooms) game in firebase now.

Actually, "rooms" is not the native feature of firebase. I used to make a plugin to simulate the "rooms", it might not be completed for all possible "rooms" features. A better solution is using Photon Cloud.

I also will try to make a turnbased example.... when I have time...

• That would be great!

Thanks

• AndreasR

I can't release my game because i need firebase and canvas+. Webview+ has poor optimization. I hope they'll make it soon.

Hi,

I'm not sure if ludei makes a Firebase Plugin for Construct 2 working with Canvas+, we just can hope and pray

We will see what time brings. But if your game just waits for the release of the firebase plugin, I personally would recommend you to switch either to WebView+ or to release the game without the firebase feature at the moment.

Then, if (and it's a big if) Ludei decidces to make such a plugin, to add those features with an update.

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR

Firebase is the main feature in my game, so i can't without it. About Webview+, it keeps around 50 fps, but in "heavy" moments ~30-40. And it's really annoying, beacuse my game fully optimized. But.. thanks for support

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I made a Firebase Template for Syncing Account Date (Coins, Inventory).

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial- ... count-9616

This is currently in beta, so if you found any bugs or have any suggestions, just let me know.

Once the code is working perfectly, I'll release the source code of the asset on scirra.

Please note

Scirra Acarde is blocking the Google login. Please use the mail login instead.

Thank you!

• AndreasR

Use "Expression:DisplayName", "Expression:PhotoURL" to get display name or photo url from google account / facebook account. (sample capx) In email - password login, call "Update profile" to set these values.

Inventory... I would like to use rex_firebase_itembook plugin to implement that. But it might be too complex for a simple use case.

Thanks for sharing this template!

• AndreasR

Use "Expression:DisplayName", "Expression:PhotoURL" to get display name or photo url from google account / facebook account. (sample capx) In email - password login, call "Update profile" to set these values.

Inventory... I would like to use rex_firebase_itembook plugin to implement that. But it might be too complex for a simple use case.

Thanks for sharing this template!

It actually fetches the user image. But it gets blocked by Scirra Acarde. I'll add the Display Name with an upcoming update, thanks for that hint

Moreover I'll add more handlers (facebook and so on)

[quote:1i18vt07]Image from origin 'https://shatter-box.com' has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://games.scirra.net' is therefore not allowed access.

I haven't used your Inventory Plugin yet. I'll check it

Thank you!

Regards

Andy

• rexrainbow

I am trying to get your FireBase Authentication plugin working on mobile(Facebook login) but cant for the life of me get it to work. I tried Cranberrys "InAppBroswer" plugin but this doesn't work properly ( it gets stuck on the FB login page after entering details ) and i have tried just using the "Browser" object to see if i can get it too work but no luck there either - Have you, or anybody else, using Cocoon, been able to get Firebase Auth to work on mobile?

Thanks for the plugins Rex, you are awesome.

Metric

• METR1C

According to AndreasR said,

[quote:1xgv09ve]It should work for WebView(+) on CocoonIO and Intel XDK (install the inapp browser plugin), however it will not work with CocoonIO's canvas+ engine due to the fact that Canvas+ do not support websockets.

• AndreasR

There are 2 possible plugins for saving items of users in firebase -

1. rex_firebase_itemtable which address a value by ( itemID, propertyName).

[itemID]

----[propertyName] - value

In your case, it will be ( userID, itemName ), for example ( userID, "coin" ) = 1000

2. rex_firebase_itembook which address a value by ( tableID, itemID, propertyName )

• LOl

----[itemID]

--------[propertyName] - value

It support updating multiple tables in a writing access (atomicity).

• AndreasR

There are 2 possible plugins for saving items of users in firebase -

1. rex_firebase_itemtable which address a value by ( itemID, propertyName).

[itemID]

----[propertyName] - value

In your case, it will be ( userID, itemName ), for example ( userID, "coin" ) = 1000

2. rex_firebase_itembook which address a value by ( tableID, itemID, propertyName )

• LOl

----[itemID]

--------[propertyName] - value

It support updating multiple tables in a writing access (atomicity).

• rexrainbow

Thank you for the links. I'll built an example for those plugins as well.

I'm also writing a tutorial for it then.

Feel free to link it on your website (I'll send you the links once I'm done).

Regards

Andy

• Jump to:
    Active Users
    There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)