Here's something that's been growing dust on my pc for over a year.
It is a behavior that assists in z-sorting and motion of isometric objects.
At a glance you can:
* have the isometric positions calculated automatically from their positions in the editor.
* set the isometric position
* move in isometric by an offset
* check for overlaps in isometric
My main motivation was make the sorting faster.
But it also adds some nifty features like:
* pushing out of other objects in isometric
* positioning a shadow sprite below another
To be clear this only handles a 2:1 isometric view, so you'd need to make graphics accordingly.
You need to specify the sizes of you sprite in isometric. For instance a 64x64 cube sprite would have an isometric size of 32x32x32. This is important otherwise things may not sort right.
Also sorting will fail (not look right) if they overlap in isometric. So when making the levels or moving with events, you need to keep that in mind.
There is also cases where it can't sort. Like noted here: