Platform Example (Dectector, Animations and Music)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Unlock platyers earning coins, and save it with Localstorage
  • Hey all! This might be useful to some starting out, it's basic but covers using a detector, animations and music.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/4/1796632/platexample.RAR

Big thanks to Captain Oblivious who helped me with animations and Ashley and Rich!

Good luck!

• Great example Thoroughly commented too! Good job.

• Is it just me or does the character go invisible when pressing left? (Presumably due to lack of left animation).

Otherwise it's great.

• Hm I don't have that problem...very very weird

• This would be a good time to mention the bug where platform objects with mirroring disappear when facing left on vista machines is still there.

• I'm running windows XP and I have the same problem... Left disappear

• I think the disappearing while facing left is a graphics card dependent bug. Could everyone list their graphics card and whether or not it works?

I'm on a GeForce 8800GT and it works fine.

• Actually, never mind. I think this bug is fixed in the next build. DirectX was complaining about an invalid setting in debug mode - which would have affected auto mirror - and this is corrected now. Next build should have solved that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice Example, and is possible shoot and jump shooting like Megaman games movement?

( Sorry about my bad english , I speak Spanish, I'm from Chile)

I'm on Ati Radeon 1650PRO and it works well.

• MEAGAMAN FTW! I'm a MegaMan freak LOLOL. You should see my Rockman figure collection...

Yes that is easily possible, you'd need the following animations:

Idle

Walk

Jump

Shoot Still

Shoot Walking

Shoot Jumping

Slide (if you want)

for setting the animations, you'd just put in the condition player pressing/not pressing 'firebutton'

Example: Walking Right and not shooting

MouseKeyboard: Key Right arrow is down

MousKeyboard: Key Control is down {INVERSE THIS CONDITION}

System: 0 MegaMan[Platform].VectorY Equal to 0

System: Trigger once

MegaManSet animation to "Walk"

MegaManPlay current animation

MegaManSet angle to 0

Example: Walking Right and shooting

MouseKeyboard: Key Right arrow is down

MousKeyboard: Key Control is down

System: 0 MegaMan[Platform].VectorY Equal to 0

System: Trigger once

MegaManSet animation to "WalkShoot"

egaManSet animation frame 1

MegaManPlay current animation

MegaManSet angle to 0

I'm sure you can understand how to differentiate jump and jumpshoot animations:

Example: Jumping and shooting

MegaMan Animation Jump Playing

MousKeyboard: Key Control is down

MegaManSet animation to "Jumpshoot"

Example: Jumping and not shooting

MegaMan Animation Jump Playing

MousKeyboard: Key Control is down {INVERSE}

MegaManSet animation to "Jumpshoot"

• Thanks, i've been working on it, but i have a litte errors and buggs and don't know why -.-. can you check it o.o, is there someting wrong?

http://www.4shared.com/file/50718755/f4 ... nline.html

• anyone have input?

• there is a method to improve the coding with Flags ( like MMF) ,When Character is in the ground, Flag 1 is on and when is in the air Flag 1 Off, when shooting FLag 2 On/OFF, or it can be use with values?.

And the other think i was thinking is create a Delay ( is this expression correct?) when the Character is recibing damage using a kind of counter? o.o.

I think i can't do X shoot well because the variable Character[Platform].VectorY is blocking any animation change ( because it set the stand Idle animation) and it don't permit change to stand shoot or walk shoot.

• AH good thought, using counters. Yes, having named variables is very nice in construct for these reasons! Sorry, last night I wasn't thinking too straight (just got off work).

You have the idea though:

while on ground and press control

set groundshoot value = 1

While on ground and value groundshoot = 1

Play Shoot animation

same for jumping

The only problem is that "when animation finished" is not working, so you can't just yet do:

Animation shoot over

set groundshoot = 0

set X animation to idle

frame 1

play

ect ect

• Nice example! I love the animation. Construct really needs a 'is standing on ground' condition in the platform movement hey...or perhaps even some generally collision functions so instead of just 'is overlapping' we could have 'is touching above / below / left / right '.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)