Mesh distortion

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
mesh 3D objects "hemisphere, oval, tunnel and other various shapes."
  • [quote:jjcs4cho]Yay! Btw, when does the new build come out? It has been already nearly month since last build.

It should be out soon. A lot of good stuff in the next build!

[quote:jjcs4cho]Maybe you could still add qarp() (quadratic interpolation: lerp(lerp(A, B, x), lerp(B, C, x), x), that's useful for smooth curves. People could make smoothly curving paths etc. without math.

Sounds good. Will try get it in the next build.

• It should be out soon. A lot of good stuff in the next build!

eager anticipation

This is pretty incredible, can cirtainly make some nice looking patterns, though I havent been able to make anything that seems useful - apart from maybe something that can be used for an energy vortex or something! Being a maths geek this is right up my street heh.

so how will it work? will there be a mesh object or something? how do you actually tell the texture to be mapped to the mesh? do you set something up like this with a bunch of sprites and set it to a big group of them somehow?

• Well liek the sprite has 2 actions:

Set distortion map size

Set displacement at

So you manipulate the sprite via actions. However, this is like low level , and / =i wasnna make higher level actions so people can make likecool gaemes and stuff without requiring for loops. if i ake some built in functons then you can be like 'hmm, this game is cool, but it would be cooler if the enemy jellyfish wobbled a bit, whatever should I do?' and then you see am acton 'apply wobble' and book you have a wobbly jellyfish or something like that and what have you!

Where am i? Oh yes plasma! I have an issue with plasma, currently scaling, rotations, scrolling etc can stuff it up. I need to think up how to fix this and it might require some additional runtime functions. And at the moment my head hurts and my stomach isn't coping with vodka mixed with beer and I think I misght sjust lie down and go to sleep goodnight!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Heres what happens if you give the particles a physics movement, then apply springs between the particles, and then render a mesh to where those particles are

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... quares.zip

And thanks everyone for the examples so far! I'll see what I can do. Bone movement....hmmmm....

Hey David, could you upload your meatsquares.cap now that mesh distortion is done? I want to take a look at how your spring-blob is put together.

• Wow, looking at some of the maths you guys are using is making me want to vomit... I get half way through an equation and I get a vertigo feeling and want to die. I hate you all. No not really, but I really do feel like vomiting O.o

~Sol

*EDIT*

Drunken David is drunken... nice typing skillz mate, you do better than me when you've had a few!

• LOL totally forgot I had typed that post!

As for the meat squares one of the actions I added to physics was a spring, and somehow its disappeared, so currently the cap file doesn't work. Next release should have the spring action and then I can upload u the cap

• LOL totally forgot I had typed that post!

As for the meat squares one of the actions I added to physics was a spring, and somehow its disappeared, so currently the cap file doesn't work. Next release should have the spring action and then I can upload u the cap

Awesome

• Is it too late to ask about having the sprites spread to beyond the layout or animating the position of the entire pattern?

• [quote:2xrv7l5y]Heres what happens if you give the particles a physics movement, then apply springs between the particles, and then render a mesh to where those particles are

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... quares.zip

And thanks everyone for the examp

ok, am I supposed to have to download some IOJ program to download these files?

it always takes me to a page like this:

http://www.ioj.com/redirect.php?id=4869 ... quares.zip

and I hate downloaders, I just want to download the cap, not an extra program to help me download the cap

also

every time I download an example with drag and drop behavior

it makes me remove the behavior and re-add it for it to work

it's called drag&drop when I open the cap and it doesn't work

I remove the behavior and re-add it and it's called dragdrop

and it does. I reinstalled construct recently, and it still does this

• Um yeah fileshack closed :/

• Yeah, IOJ bought fileshack a while back so all those fileshack links are now dead.

And IOJ sucks

• Yeah, IOJ bought fileshack a while back so all those fileshack links are now dead.

And IOJ sucks

I`m using box.net and i think it is a decent place for files.

• gotcha

could someone please reupload the softbody meatballs or whatever to a nonlame webspace then

I'm really curious to see it

• Well, I sorta got what I had in mind to work...I also found a way to slow down the spiral...but I also wanted the sprite to expand as well as rotate, which is all that it does at the moment (if you slow it down you'll see what I mean)...do I need to rework the math to do that or add another expression before or further down the line?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)