Flame / Abstract Simulator thing

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A collection of amazing Flame sprite sheet animations for your incredible games
  • Na not yet. I have a small problem to fix regarding what happens with the flame when you scroll / zoom / rotate.

• Plasma it is!

Whoohoo!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks dave! i remember asking for this, and if you ever tried a fullscreen flame in mmf2 the game would run horribly slow. some questions though? will u be able to change the gradient to anything you please (via the picture editor) like in mmf2? if not try to add this as you might want to make fire at 0%-25% and then a solid smoke portion at 25%-100% ect ect, it makes the possibilities endless, much better than a simple select one colour then change to other colour type thing. also will there be the ability to do the above to an alpha channel gradient (again like in mmf2).

also will you be able to give the cool map and gradient animations, which could make for some very cool possibilities.

and how do you control this flame object? is it similar to mmf2 where you drag out the renderable area and then select wich objects to set alight or is there no bounding box?

and are you able to make the coolmap slowly change in strenght via a smooth edge or will it be like in mmf2 where you simply draw solid or transparent to define what is cooled or not?

i can tell this will be very usefull when its complete seeing as it causes very little slowdown compared to its mmf2 variant.

• [quote:qmmh78xa]also will you be able to give the cool map and gradient animations, which could make for some very cool possibilities.

Not yet, however I will make an action 'set subtract texture to ' and select the sprite object. It will use the sprites current texture...therefore if the sprite is animating you will have an animating cool map.

However, the subtract texture in construct gives you a lot more options that the cool map in the flame object. As well as offsetting the texture, you can also rotate and scale it.

[quote:qmmh78xa]and are you able to make the coolmap slowly change in strength via a smooth edge or will it be like in mmf2 where you simply draw solid or transparent to define what is cooled or not?

The one in MMF should have been smooth edge as well...I think I made it use the red channel..anyway the subtract map works in the same way, except each channel is handled separately.

Whereas the flame object was greyscale, the plasma object uses every channel of colour. So if you paste a Mario sprite onto the plasma, you will see the Mario sprite float upwards in a smoke like fashion. Should make fake motion blur easier

[quote:qmmh78xa]will u be able to change the gradient to anything you please (via the picture editor) like in mmf2?

Currently no. However, eventually there will be a pixel shader that takes a greyscale of the thing its rendering, and maps one texture against another. This of course could be useful for more than just the plasma object. But this will require some changes to the IDE and the runtime as pixel shaders dont currently support storing their own textures. And as alpha channels are handled natively to construct, the alpha channel in the mapped texture would be used to determine the alpha of the gradient.

Anyways I got to go I think the boss is noticing....

• lol alright, sounds sweet

• So YOU are the one responsible for this madness?!?

<3

~Sol

• lmao, david made it possible! it his baby now lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)