Almost Insane Software's Tutorial Mashup

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Granhunter101 I bow before you, you're one of the few users who haven't went ballistic after hearing some critic about their tutorials or games.

B-17 Booomber

• First of all, I'm 15.

Explains a lot. I thought you might be young but I've known of 20 year olds to act the same way so.... Well I wouldn't have been as harsh if I'd known.

Sagal, and I thought you only bowed before things with alcohol content!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • biological age is just an empty number. i know 40s who acts like spoiled kids and kids who are more mature then their parents, with life expirience richer then my own.

Forgive the sins of youth i say. We all've there.

• First of all, I'm 15. I know I'm still a kid, but don't compare me to a 12 year old. I didn't know it was offensive to anyone. The reason I said insane was because my ''company''is called Almost Insane Software. (The friends who persuaded me to put such bad words on the tutorial have been sacked.)

Am I the only one who is still negative about this?

Your age is not an excuse.

I'm 15 right now and come on , this is cringe worthy even to me. I'd expect to see something like that from , ironically , a 12 year old. Silly 'company' name , silly variable names in the "tutorial" ie. "Pervert!" , HORRENDOUS humor ..

The biggest gripe is that this tutorial isn't well , thoroughly thought through. In your profile you move about the "star" images to hide and show the current rank , when just as easily and in less code you could just alter the visibilty of the stars. As well as that , creating the INI at your user documents - ""C:\Users\Stewie & Adam\Documents\Almost Insane Games\AIST.ini"" instead of something such as " AppPath & "data\profiles.ini" "

As well as entirely pointless things that would confuse someone who just picked up construct , ie. adding in a ridiculous variables to the INI such as "Pervert!".

Just my badly worded and phrased two cents.

• I see your point Instant, and I'll have ANOTHER updated version of the tutorial up in a little bit. No need to make such a big deal about it though. I've explained myself already, so...

• http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30590854/Profile%20Tutorial.cap (updated) there, now please stop bitchin'. You sound worse then my mom, nag nag ''how dare your curse'' nag nag nag. How dare you make fun of my ''company'' name! It took me like a week to come of with that.

• [quote:31790coy]Am I the only one who is still negative about this?

well, thats one of those rare occasions when age in fact counts

With passing years you learn to be more and more forgiving and you value you stress-metter higher then before.

• biological age is just an empty number. i know 40s who acts like spoiled kids and kids who are more mature then their parents, with life expirience richer then my own.

Forgive the sins of youth i say. We all've there.

When I found out he was 15, I could relate 'cause I had the same sense of humour at that age, but probably would've been a bit smarter in how I showed it. Hopefully, he's learned when to show that sense of humour, and when not to..

granhunter, good to see you've taken the criticism and cleaned it up. In a game setting, it's up to you really what you do, but in a tutorial, you need to be a tiny bit more professional. That's all I was trying to say.

• The worst thing about this is, this is the first time I ever used this type of humor. Yet people are acting like I killed someone (or worse, an animal).

• See? You did some tasteful humour... "or worse, an animal" and yet, there was not a swear word in sight. Look at most comedians, they hardly swear (unles we're talking about Chubby Brown) but they can be funny as hell. Angry Videogame Nerd uses swearing and cursing to make himself seem funnier 'cause we've all been there, swearing at games when things go wrong. Humour is more about getting people to relate. Well, ironically, you posted a tutorial, but it seems you have learned something... that humour with swearing has to be planned carefully or it just won't work, especially when it's 95% swearing and calling people perverts.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)