Welcome to the "IT'S EASY!" Challenge, part 5 of 6.
Inspired from the "Oh it's easy, Construct can do anything that's in 2D" reply that I've seen a lot. I decided to create a few challenges, see just how 'easy' some things really are. I dunno, call it the virtual equivilant to Myth Busters, only with a much better looking host.
Challenge #5 - Fatality!
Using the provided resources, create a 2D Beat-em-Up in the style of Street Fighter. Use the same character sprite for both players (to make it easier), and the provided background. You do not have to include any sounds (unless you feel like it).
1) Use any methods Construct provides, to create it.
2) You must provide your cap and workings, not just exe files, so others may benefit.
3) Your solution must be replicatable by other users (don't include unreleased addons or methods which others may be unable to use).
4) The resources are provided as is, but you may if you need to, edit them further. But please show what and why you did it.
5) Dont' reply with "It's easy" unless you can also include a cap as proof.
The winning entry will be whoever comes up with the best or most elegant working solution to the problem. Challenge is open to everyone.
Midnight January 15th 2010 (Eastern Time, US)