Welcome to the "IT'S EASY!" Challenge, part 2 of 6.
Inspired from the "Oh it's easy, Construct can do anything that's in 2D" reply that I've seen a lot. I decided to create a few challenges, see just how 'easy' some things really are. I dunno, call it the virtual equivilant to Myth Busters, only with a much better looking host.
Rather than waiting until the closing date of each challenge, I've decided to just post them all together, so everyone has a choice and there's something for everyone then. Plus I'm really proud of challenge #6 and wanted to see what people came up for it so yeah
Challenge #2 - Isometric World
Using the supplied resources. Create a simple isometric area where the player can go in front of, and behind the raised tiles, as well as be able to get up and down different levels of height, to walk on the raised area. The monster must also be able to behave in the same way. There is a large number of sprites provided so you shouldn't have trouble putting something together. You can use the player sprite for that of the monster too, so long as the monster is an NPC.
You don't have to use all the tiles provided, or any of them for that matter, if you don't want to. They're just included as an option for anyone who wants to use them.
1) Use any methods Construct provides, to create an isometric demo.
2) You must provide your cap and workings, so others may benefit.
3) Your solution must be replicatable by other users (don't include unreleased addons or methods which others may be unable to use).
4) The player sprite is player controlled, but the monster sprite must be an NPC.
5) The cap and sprites are provided as is, but you may if you need to, edit them further. But please show what and why you did it.
The winning entry will be whoever comes up with the best or most elegant working solution to the problem. Challenge is open to everyone.
Midnight December 15th 2009 (Eastern Time, US)