RetroRun

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • [quote:61r9l79f]Also goatse isn't that shocking anymore.

Some people can be more sensitive about things like that, believe me. Not that I care.

And btw: how about my request?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:1jceurzf]Also goatse isn't that shocking anymore.

Some people can be more sensitive about things like that, believe me. Not that I care.

And btw: how about my request?

Top 10 is better. Only the best people will be in the score site

• Fair enough.

But actually I was talking about my other request. Load spaceship sprite from PNG?

• Fair enough.

But actually I was talking about my other request. Load spaceship sprite from PNG?

Oh... I don't know, that's a good idea though. Maybe in the next builds.

Also I made Endurance mode give you 2x points for the next version, since it was too hard for an high score.

• Glad you like the idea.

But shouldn't you have two different highscore tables? It would be very hard to balance both modes accordingly. One mode would always be easier/harder.

• Glad you like the idea.

But shouldn't you have two different highscore tables? It would be very hard to balance both modes accordingly. One mode would always be easier/harder.

Normal is easier, starts out very slower, with less score per second.

Endurance is much harder but starts our faster with much more score per second.

Quite balanced.

• That's just theory. I still think it's weird to have two modes, but just 1 highscore table. No matter what you do, the modes can never be equally challenging.

Oh man, maybe I'm becoming a little obsessed with RETRORUN.

• New version!

V 1.7

*The best score is now stored instead of the last score - really useful

*Easier Endurance mode

*Small graphical changes

*Fixed some problems with high score table

---

Download on my website : http://superv.vladh.net/

• Yay, a new version of Retrorun!

Some nice changes! But since Endurance is still harder than the normal mode there is no point in playing it - other than training maybe. Give Endurance its own highscore table and it's all fine!

Is it just me or did you lower the particle rate a bit? If so, good decision!

And guys, it gets a little lonely on the highscore table. I'm having a duel with Arcade for the most time. No new challengers?

Things I'd like to see in future versions:

* Spaceship sprite customizable (load from PNG)

* Highscore list ingame

• Yay, a new version of Retrorun!

Some nice changes! But since Endurance is still harder than the normal mode there is no point in playing it - other than training maybe. Give Endurance its own highscore table and it's all fine!

Is it just me or did you lower the particle rate a bit? If so, good decision!

And guys, it gets a little lonely on the highscore table. I'm having a duel with Arcade for the most time. No new challengers?

Things I'd like to see in future versions:

* Spaceship sprite customizable (load from PNG)

* Highscore list ingame

I'll talk with Vlad right now and set up a different highscore table for Endurance.

I'll implement the spaceship customizable sprite for the next version.

But I won't release without a new gamemode! Keep the ideas coming

---

EDIT : I'm glad you're happy I released a new version! Also you and Arcade are very good... ~20000-25000 scores! Not everyone is good as you, so don't except new highscores soon. I'll probably implement a new gamemode which has a different gameplay style. The movement will be exactly the same, but maybe your goal is to shoot stuff? Dunno. I'll talk to Vlad and discuss about this too.

• I had an idea and implemented a new gamemode : DODGE.

Basically very small and slow blocks come toward you creating an "asteroid field" that slowly moves. You have to figure out a path to stay alive while passing through.

The good news? You're smaller too!

• [quote:3fr0jkf7]The movement will be exactly the same, but maybe your goal is to shoot stuff?

[quote:3fr0jkf7]I had an idea and implemented a new gamemode : DODGE.

Basically very small and slow blocks come toward you creating an "asteroid field" that slowly moves. You have to figure out a path to stay alive while passing through.

The new game mode sounds very interesting! Can't wait. But you dropped the idea about shooting stuff? I'd still like to see that actually. Or did you mean that you can shoot those asteroids? Would be great.

[quote:3fr0jkf7]Also you and Arcade are very good... ~20000-25000 scores! Not everyone is good as you, so don't except new highscores soon.

Hehe, people need to train harder then! I played against Arcade for hours, since we are in messenger contact. I even made a small construct app which would show the RR highscore and update itself frequently. So I could have it in another window while I'm playing.

I said I was a little obsessed with RR.

Oh and finally customizable spaceship in the next version. YAY!!!

• [quote:3cl47pxu]The movement will be exactly the same, but maybe your goal is to shoot stuff?

[quote:3cl47pxu]I had an idea and implemented a new gamemode : DODGE.

The new game mode sounds very interesting! Can't wait. But you dropped the idea about shooting stuff? I'd still like to see that actually. Or did you mean that you can shoot those asteroids? Would be great.

[quote:3cl47pxu]Also you and Arcade are very good... ~20000-25000 scores! Not everyone is good as you, so don't except new highscores soon.

Hehe, people need to train harder then! I played against Arcade for hours, since we are in messenger contact. I even made a small construct app which would show the RR highscore and update itself frequently. So I could have it in another window while I'm playing.

I said I was a little obsessed with RR.

Oh and finally customizable spaceship in the next version. YAY!!!

Nah you don't shoot stuff, I don't think it fits the style, really.

Also that app could be useful... If you can contact me either on steam(victorius72) or MSN(

• New Version !!! - 1.9

*Totally improved menu and UI

*New gamemode (Dodge) with a new chiptune music

*Optimized code (subevents and stuff)

*You can now view scores in-game

*Separate high-scores table for each gamemode

Download on my website, as always : superv.vladh.net

• Very good improvements. The menu looks a lot better now!

The new game mode DODGE is quite challenging. A nice addition for sure!

I think ENDURANCE still is the hardest mode though.

Now that there are three highscore tables I need rank #1 on all of them!!!

Ah, I'm still waiting for customizable spaceship sprite btw...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)