RetroRun

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • You could use a simple INI file instead for locally stored high scores. If you want players to submit high scores, well, that'd require some networking knowledge...

• You could use a simple INI file instead for locally stored high scores. If you want players to submit high scores, well, that'd require some networking knowledge...

I would really like the online scores. Unfortunately I don't know anything about mysql or php. If anyone could do it for me that would be awesome.

• HTML object? I don't know much about it, but it is a way to handle something online...

• HTML object? I don't know much about it, but it is a way to handle something online...

Um, me and an awesome friend got high scores to work!

Stay tuned for the next version.

• Aaaaand... released!

http://superv.vladh.net/

http://superv.vladh.net/retrorun/scores.php for the scores

Download the new version on my website.

Kudos to VladH for helping with PHP and MySQL.

---

V 1.6

*Online scores

*New buttons to restart/go to menu ingame

*Fullscreen button

• Awesome! Great to see online highscores!

I figured it out myself now too. I'm not using MySQL though, just a flatfile. And I have the online highscores directly shown in the game.

And btw some were talking about the HTML object. Of course you need to use the HTTP object! Can be confusing for some.

I will beat 100.000 points just watch me!!!!

Errr... or maybe not.

• Awesome! Great to see online highscores!

I figured it out myself now too. I'm not using MySQL though, just a flatfile. And I have the online highscores directly shown in the game.

And btw some were talking about the HTML object. Of course you need to use the HTTP object! Can be confusing for some.

I will beat 100.000 points just watch me!!!!

Errr... or maybe not.

Hehe, thanks!

How did you display the scores ingame? I could add it to the next version.

Also nice highscore for a first

• Haha...I'm last (p98)

• What you're beating my score and laugh at me?!?!?!

I will unleash my fury upon you!

When you're using a flatfile you can access it easily with the DOWNLOAD object.

• Heehee, I have the high-score. Pretty fun(and addictive) little game you have here. Although it would definitely be better to have the high scores displayed in game.

• Thanks to everyone. The main problem now is that everyone can use Cheat Engine or ArtMoney to change the score variable and upload a fake high score. Any fix?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I owned you Linkman!

Dunno really about the cheat applications... maybe you could store the played time and collected objects too and do a calculation when a score is about to be submitted. And only if it matches the score will be sent. Of course if people knew about this they would still be able to change the time / items accordinly, but at least it would be way harder to do.

Maybe smb else has a better idea.

I have a request: I want to be able to change the spaceship sprite.

So that you can put a PNG with the matching size in a subfolder of the game and ingame you can select which version you want. Actually it's fairly easy to do, but I somehow doubt you're interested in such a feature. Don't be so cruel and stand between me and my penis-shaped spaceship!

• I see only ten the best results on the scores

But...check the PHP file...there is this line:

query = "SELECT * FROM highscores ORDER BY score + 0 DESC LIMIT 10";[/code:1mzxbwdv]
    The most important thing is on end ([b]LIMIT 10[/b]). You can change it.
    For example:
    [code:1mzxbwdv]query = "SELECT * FROM highscores ORDER BY score + 0 DESC LIMIT 5000";[/code:1mzxbwdv]
    Based on Flame's PHP file example
  • I guess it was intentional to show just the top 10... although maybe the top 20 won't hurt...

Too bad some fool just fucked up the highscore...

Remember that I was first with ~16900

EDIT: omg it's goatse now. you have been warned.

• I guess it was intentional to show just the top 10... although maybe the top 20 won't hurt...

Too bad some fool just fucked up the highscore...

Remember that I was first with ~16900

EDIT: omg it's goatse now. you have been warned.

Works fine again.

Also goatse isn't that shocking anymore.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)