Random topdown game

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create your own adventure map with this easy to use asset pack.
  • Alright to start off, the TSA stands for Technology Student Association.

Basically there are an assload of competitions in different areas of tech that you can enter. The first level of competition is states the seconds is nationals. I joined up and made a small game (supposed to be 5-10 mins) for the video game competition. The game I made is crap and all and I'm sure that some of you could do much better than I did.

However, I wanted to share what I made. Oh and this entire thing was made in 1 night. The night before it was due. :p

Here's the download link.

Make fun of it, comment it, criticize it, don't say anything, whatever.

The one known bug is that going back from the controls menu crashes the program. I really don't know why... It has something to do with how I resize the window. Oh and the sound WILL NOT work unless you put the folder into your program files. But it's just game music so it isn't imperative.

Oh and this program is made with scirra construct.

Holding the mousebutton keeps the sword out so you can swing it wildly around your head in an unrealistic fashion by the way.

• Not bad for a game made in one night. If you plan on making a full game, I'd rethink the sword attack though.

Oh and this program is made with scirra construct.

Oh, really? Where can I find out more about this "Construct?"

• "Congratulation, you have beaten the game!"

... i lost the game

Funny game thou , sword slashing was fun XDDDD "die blue metroid that go in circles!!"

• deadeye: Thanks. And yes, I need to remake the sword so it's not so easy to kill everything. It would have been a bit easier if I could bump the enemies away from where I hit them so that I could give them health stats and such. And make the sword only stay out for a certain time or something.

Assuming I make it past states that is.

Doppel: Ooops. xD And thanks, I was going for something fun and slightly unique with the sword slashing.

• [quote:1ulafu35]In order for the sounds in this program to work this folder MUST be installed in the Program Files folder of your C: drive

And why is that? Doesn't Directsound load the file if you set the path just to be "content\song.mp3"? Or Appdir + "content\song.mp3"?

• Err. >_>

/me hides

At the time of making this I wasn't aware that it worked like that. So I defined the whole path in the line. Now that I know however I'm going to use it like that in the future.

• deadeye: Thanks. And yes, I need to remake the sword so it's not so easy to kill everything. It would have been a bit easier if I could bump the enemies away from where I hit them so that I could give them health stats and such. And make the sword only stay out for a certain time or something.

Assuming I make it past states that is.

Doppel: Ooops. xD And thanks, I was going for something fun and slightly unique with the sword slashing.

No, what I mean is it doesn't seem very necessary to have mouse control for a sword like this. Shooting bullets, sure... but with a sword it's just a little awkward. Much easier just to have a sword slash button.

I mean, it is a unique and interesting mechanic, but it just doesn't quite feel right with mouse control is all.

• "Congratulation, you have beaten the game!"

... i lost the game

Funny game thou , sword slashing was fun XDDDD "die blue metroid that go in circles!!"

i just lost the game

http://www.losethegame.com/

• Just thought I should mention I got third place in my state. Now I can redo this and bring it to nationals some time in June.

• interesting, good job on qualifying for the nationals!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh noes a bot! save us

btw nice game^^

• the only suggestion i have is making the enemy thingys not rotate

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)