monster universe

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Motion Universe Pt. 2
  • heres my current game im working on called monster universe.

heres is some pics

im new to construct so dont be harsh.

the game story is-

monsters have taken over the world but you cant stop it alone youll need

friends and foes

(pikachu link)etc

to help fight the war.

heres the link to download the game and instructrions

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=96b9 ... 5bc3645855

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmmm... only getting half a screenshot there...

• Hmmm... only getting half a screenshot there...

That's becuase of the actual forum, since the image is larger than the width of the column. Right-click the image and select view image and it should appear full size.

• so does anyone like my game

• > Hmmm... only getting half a screenshot there...

>

That's becuase of the actual forum, since the image is larger than the width of the column. Right-click the image and select view image and it should appear full size.

Or use a different theme. I hear Czar Green is nice....

(pikachu link)

Pika... what?

• It's basically just the ghost shooter tutorial. On the second character, there's no score and the enemies don't follow you. And in general, there's no effect when the enemies die and the bullets move as slow as a grandma.

Sorry, but this needs alot more work.

• It's basically just the ghost shooter tutorial...

Sorry, but this needs alot more work.

That's pretty much what I said when jordondavey showed this to me in chat the other day.

It's nice that you're excited about learning Construct, but I'd bet a thousand dollars that most people here have Ghost Shooter .caps lying around that they've altered themselves. I know I did, until I cleaned up my Construct folder a while back.

It would be nice to see some of your original work, though.

• i made the game myself with construct i didnt use the ghost file.

the 2nd character i know needs work as i said its just a demo.

also ive made many games 3d,2d etc here is 1 i made heres the link.

also so do you think i should continue makin this game monster universe

• i didnt use the ghost file

Oh okay then.

No. Make your own game.

• this is my own game i just followed tutorials to do it

i mean not to be rude but its not like anyone new to contruct can go and make there own game without tutoirals and make the next gta5 or soul calibur 4

i mean not to be rude but its not like anyone new to contruct can go and make there own game without tutoirals and make the next gta5 or soul calibur 4

We're not saying that, it's just that you really shouldn't post something you've made from a tutorial. Tutorials are there to teach you how to do something, but using one and then releasing what you've essentially copied isn't a very good practice.

new users can take what they learned from the ghost shooter tutorial and use it to create an original idea. What you have here is just the ghost shooter tutorial with a few slight modifications. People will respect you a thousand times more if you create an original idea. Tutorials are just meant to help you learn the program's basic functions; a game shouldn't be based on a tutorial.

Use what you learned about the program and think of something which is completely yours!

• what game should i make cos any game i make will be with stuff i have leared from ghost shooter tutorial so it will just be a other ghost shooter game right

• Well, you could make your own graphics at least :D

Also, I think it would be great benefit if yo checked another set of tutorials out. There's Deadeye's Platform tutorial. Try not to learn "how to make a certain kind of game", try to understand how the program works, so you could make any kind of game :)

• from the other hand you could make a game like ghost shooter, but improved with loads of new ideas and like drasa said with your own gfx ( even if it would be ugly it would be yours!). most of the basic orl engine aspects i did in one day just looking in to deadeyes platformer tutorial.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)