Lightswarm

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I stopped just short of adding a lens layer on top of the flame to simulate heat distortion.

• Not really a new or impressive use of the filters IMO, but gets the job done.

But it's pretty much the first posting of it's kind, so he gets props.

• Yeah, i know it's not an amazing effect, but i havent seen it done in this way before. With this system it's easy to change the texture of the flame, the colors of the flame etc. And it doesn't use pixel shaders! And it isn't possible to use practicaly YAAY.... eh..

• > Not really a new or impressive use of the filters IMO, but gets the job done.

>

But it's pretty much the first posting of it's kind, so he gets props.

Okay, so if I post a pong game and it absolutely sucks, I guess I would get props since it's the first one in Construct...

This concept is years old and I get tired of seeing it to be honest

There were so many with MMF2's release I almost went insane ... almost.

• I get tired of seeing it to be honest

There were so many with MMF2's release I almost went insane ... almost.

I don't care.

• Then don't reply! Pretty easy.

• Dude, listen:

You're just bitching to bitch. Is Attan's example useless? No. Someone will find this useful. So nothing to bitch about there. Is it flawed? No, it works fine. Again, nothing to bitch about. Is it stupid? Does it "abolutely suck?" Again, no. It's actually pretty cool.

So why the hell are you bitching about it? Because "you're tired of seeing stuff like that."

Well, keep it to yourself. If you're going to bitch about something, have a reason. Otherwise...

Then don't reply! Pretty easy.

• Wow, relax man ... goodness you're tense. I already said in my FIRST reply that it works.

I have every right to say it's not impressive as you do to say it is.

Chill out.

• Jeswen, I haven't seen one cheery post come from you the entire time I've been here. I would find it very helpful if instead of you putting down our entry level demos, you wrote up some of your advanced demos for everyone. The project needs examples of all varied difficulties.

And I agree with Deadeye. This thing's pretty cool. It's versatile enough that I was able to turn his lighting effect into a sustainable fire effect in under 5 minutes. Right now, I'm considering all the different ways this could be modified to suit my needs. Water splashes, smoke effects, ect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did I insult someone? You would think I have! And I've even donated to Construct ... some awful person I am!

You guys are former MMF2/TDC people for SURE. It shows.

• La la la, I'm the thread locking man.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)