Hash Table Editor - Work in Progress - Version 0.1.0

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Right now it's really more like "Hash Table Creator", since you can't load files. It's kinda hacky, too. If anyone wants to play with it you're welcome to, in fact I'd like it--I'm releasing it under CC-BY-SA. I'd like to work on it more, but I'm kinda stuck with the file loading part. Everything present in it now though works, to a point. I'm just releasing it because I think it might potentially be useful.

UPDATE: File loading works!

I'll keep this first post updated on the latest version.

Version: 0.1.0

Author: Katori

License: CC-BY-SA

EXE and Source: http://z-machines.com/zacs_files/Hash%20Table%20Editor%20010.zip

I welcome suggestions, crits, and suggestive crits

• Interesting

• I just took a look at it. The base is there but in order to really make it as good as it could be here a are few sugestions.

1. Use the common Dialog for saving and loading its pretty easy to use if you need help ask around.

2. make the Save button an add Key button having both a save and save file is confusing.

3. Why is the name of the key shown but not the value?

4. In the about, the web address is scirra.com not .net

Good for a first release and these changes will help a lot. What are you planning on using this for or is it just a little learning thing?

• I just took a look at it. The base is there but in order to really make it as good as it could be here a are few sugestions.

1. Use the common Dialog for saving and loading its pretty easy to use if you need help ask around.

2. make the Save button an add Key button having both a save and save file is confusing.

3. Why is the name of the key shown but not the value?

4. In the about, the web address is scirra.com not .net

Good for a first release and these changes will help a lot. What are you planning on using this for or is it just a little learning thing?

Ahh, thanks for the tip about the CommonDialog! I didn't know that existed, I've got it working well now.

I'm making this both as a learning exercise and for use in creating hash tables for future games of mine, as I find them to have practical applications.

I'll release a new version later or tomorrow, as I intend to get opening working, but so far I've changed "Save" to "Save Key" and made "Save File" use the CommonDialog plugin. I also fixed the address of the site.

I don't understand what you mean about the name of the key but not the value. The values are shown when you click on the keys. To me it would be impractical to show both at the same time.

I probably need some help with the "Open File" operation I'm adding. I can get the hash table to load it in, I just can't figure out how to display all the keys correctly in the List. Any tips?

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't understand what you mean about the name of the key but not the value. The values are shown when you click on the keys. To me it would be impractical to show both at the same time.

i didnt see an input box for value granted I looked at this pretty late at night so I was pretty sleepy and I could not see the value of the key when I clicked on it.

As for loading it would be something like

->on load

-->for each key

+Text.text=text.text&Hashtable.Currentkey&Newline

• Thank you SOOO MUCH! It works great now. I do need people to test it though. And of course offer new feature suggestions!

I'm uploading version 0.1.0, check the first post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)