GUYMAN HERO!

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • FIXED IT! YES!

Platforms now work flawlessly. Though i'm curious as to how it will work on other people's computer.

Basically, i used a technique i learned from my Game Maker days. When a platforming object is overlapping a platform, move it up until it is no longer overlapping the platform and is perfectly standing on it. Had to make a special 2-pixel high collision mask for the player to make this work because if i used the whole player sprite as the test, you would stand on a platform and if another one passes over you, the player would levitate up to the next one. This seems like it works well enough until the Construct guys iron out the problem on their end.

Anyways, go download the new version on the original post! I think even you can pass it now Deadeye.

• I figured out the audio distortion problem.

Initially, the music would distort everytime the player died and restarted the level. Turns out the XAudio2 object was creating copies of itself because i didn't check the "no serialize" box. So i did. Now it works perfectly.

Get the updated version in the original post.

I'm now leaving this game as finished and am going to work on GUYMAN HERO DELUXE because there is still a lot of potential in this game. I left out one type of enemy completely and i have more ideas for level design.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:2zfxbmxh]Turns out the XAudio2 object was creating copies of itself because i didn't check the "no serialize" box.

I haven't had a chance yet to look into this but I'm really glad you figured this out because I don't think I would have known to check that and I would have been very frustrated

Glad you got everything sorted out

• Hmm sounds interesting might give this a shot tomorrow after I've came from school and bought some beer

• Hey folks!

After finally figuring out the aliens running away problem (which after Construct version 99.72 had to do with assigning family variables using ".Value") i can finally say that this game is complete.

Construct version 99.82 fixed the ever frustrating falling-through-platforms problem so that platform screen near the end of the game is actually passable. I do recommend for everyone who tried this game before and found the platforms frustrating to give it another try.

Also, i started using GameJolt so you can quick play it.

Try it out now!

• Platforms now work flawlessly. Though i'm curious as to how it will work on other people's computer.

you may check "fixed framerate" and try different numbers here. It's good practice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)