Deceptive Forest

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Add fantasy, atmosphere and an exploration vibe to your games with these 6 forest themes
  • All hello ! It my small project

Deceptive Forest

Genre: Platformer, Action

Minimum system requirements:

Processor: 1.0 GHz or better

Memory: 64Mb (XP) or better

Video Card: 64Mb or better

DirectX 9.0

Control:

D - Right

A - Left

W - Jump

Home - Menu

Esc - Exit

Link DOWNLOAd 1.8Mb

Screenshot

• Well, it looks nice. It has good looking graphics and all.

But it's completely unplayable because you can never escape the flying ball enemy. It's just screen after screen of LOSING.

LOSING.

LOSING.

And the music doesn't really seem suited to a worm having a walk on a nice, sunny day in the meadow.

• I like the graphics. I was able to do reasonably well a couple of times but that seemed to be due to luck. It seemed a bit unfair though that after a bit of progress and then getting hit by the flying ball the worm is put back to the beginning of the layout. Unless I was so bad that I never reached a 'save' point.

• But it's completely unplayable because you can never escape the flying ball enemy. It's just screen after screen of LOSING.

LOSING.

LOSING.

This is the essence of the this game, you must run away from him and get out of the forest

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • dude. There is nothing to tell the player what to do or what can kill them. I died about 5 times before I even saw those spike things. this is really frustrating to play.

• I'd think it would be recommendable to make hazards easier to identify, how was I supposed to know that the orange bean in the background is going to kill me?

• dude. There is nothing to tell the player what to do or what can kill them.

It is called Deceptive Forest, maybe that's where he got the title from?

• Wow this game is impossible.

~Sol

• This is so... deceptive! I can't even understand what made me losing.

A little more work in this and it should be fine (pointing out what DID kill me - or have a dying animation to make me at least have a guess on what killed me)

But I'm having a (rough) nice time with it. I just wish there is something in the end, or else I'll be really pissed!

• > dude. There is nothing to tell the player what to do or what can kill them.

>

It is called Deceptive Forest, maybe that's where he got the title from?

no its just bad design to not give the player any feedback as to what killed them it completely kills any fun in the game when you dont know WHY you lost because you cant fix it.

• There should be at least checkpoint at the start of the every level. After loosing for 1/2 hour, I got finally to stage 2 with 3 lives left and... suprisingly loosing them again. When I clicked on play again, it kicked me back to the beginning of the 1st lvl. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh, wannna kill someone!!! (hint: creator). I'm so pis..d off.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)