I don't know if anyone remembers, but I made a prototype of this game a while ago. After that my puzzle tutorial came into being, on which this new incarnation of Crypta is based.
<font size="4">How to play</font>
Mouse and leftclick controls everything.
<img src="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2306601/skulls.png" border="0">
You know the deal: match three or more skulls of the same color and score points.
<img src="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2306601/multiskull.png" border="0">
If you swap the multi-skull and make a match, all skulls of the same color will be destroyed.
<img src="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2306601/hellometer.png" border="0">
Crypta has a little something special: the hellmeter. You can see it in the left bottom corner. When it's full, one randomly chosen skull will turn colorless and therefore can't be matched anymore.
You can recolor the skull if you manage to destroy skulls above it.
Click the center of the hellmeter to end the game prematurely.
<font size="4">Changelog test release 2</font>
- fixed a bug where it wouldn't register a 2nd place highscore
- fixed a bug (hopefully) where the game would mess up after making a highscore and clicking retry
- fixed a problem with Newline expressions in highscore name strings
- changed the appearance of the highscores screen
- changed the appearance of the game over screen
- changed the appearance and handling of the volume bars in the options screen
- adjusted the score calculation values
- lowered initial speed and rate of speed increase of the hellmeter
- added camera shaking
- added the multi-skull
- added a check of the desktop resolution on startup to prevent faulty gameplay
- various minor tweaks
Download link currently not available. Will return for test release 3.
<font size="2"><font color="red">WARNING: game features bright and flashing colors!</font></font>
This is the second test release which includes a working menu, options and local highscore board.
The included music track was created by Kevin MacLeod.
- online highscore board
- logo and credits screens
- low effects option
- letterboxed fullscreen
- add custom mouse pointer
- find someone to do better SFX and/or original music
If you do take the time to try this game I would highly appreciate any kind of feedback. The game is quite effect-heavy, so it will also be interesting to see how it performs on different systems.