A game I may abandon (or recode).

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • The game's webpage is at http://www.fantasyjam.net/index.php?act=games&game=work

The latest version is 0.0.3, and you can download it from http://www.fantasyjam.net/dl/games/symeez/game003.exe

The biggest problem I have is I have grown to like Ubuntu, yet Construct is Windows only. I can't even run my games in Wine, so I'm going to scrap my Construct work and start using Python and PyGame. I'm also using Blender for anything 3D, and I may make a game in that... once I figure out how animation works. Wish me luck.

• I like the sprite

but such drastic steps you are taking all a sudden. Blender? Pygame? Linux?

Nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Windows only... until that SDL thing is finnished.

I didn't try the game, sorry. I have a thing about downloads with no preview.

• The controls:

Mouse controls the start menu (the opening screen).

Choose new game, choose Town 1, customize the character using the arrow keys, press enter/return, walk around in the really basic world, click the icon in the bottom right corner to toggle on/off the build mode, and while build mode is on, click the brown box thing that was meant to be a dirt patch thing. You can also have build mode off and hold down the left mouse button and have the character point at it.

The changelog (not a lot of reading) explains everything, I think.

Oh and I think I'll be focusing on Blender for a little while.

Blender does a pretty good job from what I've seen done with it (Big Buck Bunny), and I can get the game to work in Windows, too, so there's some cross-platform goodness.

I think I found quite a lot of bugs in Construct trying to make the guard NPC have depth... or I just couldn't find the right way to code it. And the Flame effect didn't work for me. All it did was color over my objects with a single color, yellow, by default. I don't know if it's the fault of my ATI card or the program. Anyway, check back later, friends!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)