3D Top Down Shooter (2.28.11)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
3D Car Pack 1
$2.99 USD
3D models + Rendered Low-Poly Cars in isometric, top-down, and side angles.
  • woaw, intersting, you just gave me idea for my top down survival games

• I think this is awesome!!

This could be made into an amazing game, good job!

• CONGRATULATIONS

• :roll: PLEASEEEEEEE .CAP OR TUTORIAL VIDEO PLEASEEE CONGRATULATIONS

It's pretty much exactly the same as making a regular top-down game, only he made a 3D model of the room and used the 3D Object object to put it in his layout.

If it's tutorials on 3D modeling you're looking for, I might suggest finding a modeling program that looks good to you and hitting up their forums

• What deadeye said. It's pretty much an extension of the Ghost Shooter tutorial.

• Are you still working on this UberLou?

• CONGRATULATIONS

It's pretty much exactly the same as making a regular top-down game, only he made a 3D model of the room and used the 3D Object object to put it in his layout.

If it's tutorials on 3D modeling you're looking for, I might suggest finding a modeling program that looks good to you and hitting up their forums

• OMG i didnt knew construct can actualy import 3D models... i though all it can do is make 3D boxes! Lovely demo by the way, thankyou for sharing

• OK I MAke the model .obj in google scketshup. Go to the construct white:/ texture i dont know place :/ is white.

Make sure you have a texture. Construct can't do 3D lighting so my lighting is all faked.

Are you still working on this UberLou?

Not actively working on it. It was more an experimental project to try out 3D in Construct. I have made updates to it since this demo though so it could form into something more.

OMG i didnt knew construct can actualy import 3D models... i though all it can do is make 3D boxes! Lovely demo by the way, thankyou for sharing

No problem! Construct's 3D rendering is pretty basic, no lighting or shading, but if you get creative, you can do some impressive things.

• ok make the level was no colisions :/... you use a mask ? How to make colision wen 3d object ?

• How to make colision wen 3d object ?

You don't. You use tiles or sprites.

• how the hell do you import the obj file properly i dunno how

• > How to make colision wen 3d object ?

>

You don't. You use tiles or sprites.

The TOP DOWN SHOOTER MAKED WHEN SPRITES INVISIBLE?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The TOP DOWN SHOOTER MAKED WHEN SPRITES INVISIBLE?

Hmm...I don't understand what you're asking. I would recommend learning Construct basics before you tackle 3D. Also you probably want to ask for help in the Help forum.

how the hell do you import the obj file properly i dunno how

If you search the forums, there are tutorials and help topics on the subject.

• uberlou, I assume from previous replies that you had collision detection for the walls (didn't download and try myself... I will do though!). I think people are asking if you setup invisible sprites for the walls (which is what I'd assume but last time I messed with 3D Obj loading, the layout perspective was different to the runtime perspective, which would make your example very hard to do, unless you tested and tweaked it until the 2D layout matched the runtime layout)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)